Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Force 4G and Wi-Fi at the same time

Tip us?

SDRiding
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Force 4G and Wi-Fi at the same time

I just got a new Olympus TG-3 camera that uses an app called image share. The camera broadcasts it's own Wi-Fi network and you connect the smartphone to control it and import pictures. However, there is obviously no internet through the camera. I was hoping there is a way to force Wi-Fi and 4G to run at the same time. Phone is a rooted LG L90 (D415). Sorry if it has been asked before, I've only seen threads asking about the opposite.

D@re D\/!
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRiding View Post
I just got a new Olympus TG-3 camera that uses an app called image share. The camera broadcasts it's own Wi-Fi network and you connect the smartphone to control it and import pictures. However, there is obviously no internet through the camera. I was hoping there is a way to force Wi-Fi and 4G to run at the same time. Phone is a rooted LG L90 (D415). Sorry if it has been asked before, I've only seen threads asking about the opposite.
man it's not possible to have WiFi hotspot n mobile data at same time!

SDRiding
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not trying to use hotspot. In fact I don't want a standard data connection over Wi-Fi at all. Wi-Fi is just how the camera talks to the phone. Looking for a way to keep 4g as the internet for all other apps. Only the image share would use Wi-Fi.