InFocus M512 Root and MIUI Discussion

OP GalaxyWhy

Yesterday, 05:02 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Cheers for replay.

I have read in htcmania that one user use foldermount to solve the problem with the memory, because the phone has 4 GB but 2 GB it use like a emule sdcard, with that is not necessary use a external sdcard but you lost 2 GB. In my xiaomi Mi Pad 16GB I had the similiar problem and I solved with SDFix and for the bigger games I use Link2sD, but only with SDFix was enough.

The user in htcmania say that he solve with foldermount to link the folder from 2GB partition sdcard with the external folder to external sdcard. Here is one link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192122,
Have anyone tried it ? or SDFix I think is easier .

Is a shame because the phone has a great hadware for this price but software and scene is rubbish.

Iīm between this phone and xiaomi red 1s, I know that xiaomi has a good support and a nice room but luck 4g, and the battery is worst, really i donīt know what to do ... are you happy with this movil the gps and 4G works fine?

I think that could be easy port any rom from xiaomi red 1s or cyanogemod from the same phone seems very similiar, I can ask in miui forums they port roms for other device and help you if you want do it.

So sorry I replay other thread wiht similar info.
Today, 04:22 AM   |  #72  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

310 posts
More
With the stock ROM I had about 600mb of free space. After flashing MIUI I had about 2gb of free space. The amount of bloatware on the stockrom is ridiculous.

Before I flashed MIUI I managed to get 1gb of free space by uninstalling all the bloatware with Link2SD but I still couldn't touch the amount of free space I'm getting with MIUI, it must be badly optimized or something.

I enabled root on MIUI and I installed Link2SD to convert a few of the system apps like Xiaomi market to a user app so I could delete it as I don't use it.

I had a look around and from what I can tell we need a phone with the same display size, resolution and cpu - which is 5", 720p and a Snapdragon 400 respectively and the only one is the 2014 Moto G. That's where I'd start I'd you had your heart set on Cyanogen Mod.

To be honest I'm perfectly happy with MIUI and I think I'm going to flash it on my main device, which is the LG G2 I'm writing on right now 😜

I'd definitely recommend getting it, the Xiaomi Red S1 has a smaller screen, lack of 4G and capacative buttons which is why I chose the Infocus M512 over it in the first place 😊

Sent from my LG G2 running CloudyG3 🗿
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread