OP GalaxyWhy

8th November 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
root
Quote:
Originally Posted by nblsd

What Iíve done! (At your own risk)
I had the latest upgrade but the phone still un-rooted. I verify that with CPU-Z.
I still was looking for how to root phone.

Forum does not allow me to give links.
Root and Gapps for your phone is on 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=597293
"4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=597293&view=findpost&p=3498209 8" (Copy links and remove the space between the 9 and 8)
Installed in FTM mode.
12th November 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #102  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Also wish I could somehow replace the menu key with a recents key 😱

Sent from my LG-D802

I've found recently that double tapping the 'home' soft key brings up the 'recent apps' screen. Near as I can tell this isn't documented anywhere, of course, I only found this out by accident.
13th November 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #103  

5 posts
Thumbs up Thanks
Thank you for your answers and your help.
I Rooted the phone, and I used the script of NeedRom.
I followed the instructions of our friend GalaxyWhy (here's the link)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...7#post55787107
It remains to see how to use the external SD card and not the internal phone memory.
All support will be welcome.
14th November 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippy.nl

i haver orderd a second one for my neighbour. hopefully that will be shipped with the old base rom.

if someone tells me how i can rip the rom from it i will do that before giving it to her.

i got the phone, it is running 15CN_1_03A.

it is not rooted, i need to know how to dump the entire deal from it so i can upload a usable version. need some help here as i need root and so far all my efforts have failed.
19th November 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #105  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flippy.nl

i got the phone, it is running 15CN_1_03A.

it is not rooted, i need to know how to dump the entire deal from it so i can upload a usable version. need some help here as i need root and so far all my efforts have failed.

Did you get this figured out? If your device has a working GPS, I would really like to try dumping that image onto my device. Unfortunately I'm still pretty clueless about these things.

Can you root the device without applying any images, maybe by using some of the techniques listed in this URL? Then maybe you could dump the ROM with only that difference from stock.

But I'm guessing you already tried things like that... :-/
11th December 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #106  

5 posts
Thumbs up It's 0K Thanks.
I finally install the ROM at needRom site and it's 0k for the root.
Thank you for your answer.
Sincerely Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifer

Forum does not allow me to give links.
Root and Gapps for your phone is on 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=597293
"4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=597293&view=findpost&p=3498209 8" (Copy links and remove the space between the 9 and 8)
Installed in FTM mode.

24th December 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #107  
Flag Vancouver

6 posts
Nand Backup for Rooted M512?
I guess I was lucky - sort of - that my Infocus M512 arrived fully rooted (from Chinavasion), with SuperSU already installed. On the other hand, the security tape on the box was broken and didn't even match up, so the history of this phone is questionable - perhaps a refurb. However, I also feel somewhat grateful because everything works and, reading the xda posts, I can feel the pain people have had getting their phones rooted and working smoothly.

I'm pretty much happy with the way it's set up. Just one last thing... How do I make a complete backup?!

I've got Busybox installed, as well as Online Nandroid, but the latter requires a device-specific patch. It identifies the phone as a 'MC2_CN', which is not in the downloaded list of devices. I've requested a patch from the author (clicking on 'get identified'), but I feel like I've just sent a letter to Santa Claus.

Has anyone here successfully done a complete backup of their rooted M512 - Nandroid or otherwise?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread