536 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By GalaxyWhy, Senior Member on 24th August 2014, 09:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th February 2015, 04:46 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
City Names / Locations file?
Hi again all - I recently reinstalled the MIUI on my phone and playing with it in more detail to see if it is something I want to stick with. It is good so far.

I noticed that in the Clock application, if you click "Add Clock" all the available locations are listed in Russian. (I'm guessing, anyways.) I'm assuming this was changed by the person/team who did the port - is there a way to change this back to the stock list of available locations? I would like to get English location names, so I hope there's a way to change this list.

2nd July 2015, 09:49 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
all right, condensed post for a one stop shop to upgrade the M512 to the latest firmware (2260) AND root with gapps and the files are based on a actual fast server (mine)

first get this: original 2260 rom

then this: root

and finally: gapps

to get this on the phone:

install the rom first like usual: personal favourite is putting zip on sd card and use the "adb reboot recovery" command and install the zip from recovery.
rebbot and do basic setup (for wifi) as needed.

to get root: connect usb! press volume + and - AND power and HOLD, after 10 sec the phone will turn off/reboot twice, the second time the blue led will turn off, release the power button but keep holding both volume keys. you will get black screen and simple info like imei number.
now use the root.bat to actually root the phone. it will take about 20 seconds. check the screen for any errors, any error will basically fail the root.

install gapps the same way as root.

congrats, you now have a M512 that has a actual working gps, proper data connections and gapps. if you want to check the glonass sat's: watch for sat numbers above 64, those are glonass.
Last edited by flippy.nl; 2nd July 2015 at 09:52 PM.
7th July 2015, 05:46 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Updated original thread with your quote
7th July 2015, 06:03 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
nice, hopefully this will make it more clear for everyone on what to do.

i might add that the 2260 preformed miracles in terms of data connection stabilitly and speed.
14th July 2015, 02:46 PM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Perhaps it's time for me to have another go at this. I've learned to live with the 103A ROM that it came with. I did try many times to root my phone but nothing suggested on this thread ever worked for me - and, luckily, I didn't brick it while trying. There are many things on the phone I'd like to get rid of if I could (for a start DU and Clean Master which both appear to to the same thing/s and neither of which ever shuts up).
28th July 2015, 05:05 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androo235

Perhaps it's time for me to have another go at this. I've learned to live with the 103A ROM that it came with. I did try many times to root my phone but nothing suggested on this thread ever worked for me - and, luckily, I didn't brick it while trying. There are many things on the phone I'd like to get rid of if I could (for a start DU and Clean Master which both appear to to the same thing/s and neither of which ever shuts up).

Actually when you got recovery, you can do almost anything you want.
Well, as I know someone has released a full functional recovery (not mine).
25th August 2015, 07:09 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi to everyone.I have a problem with my m512.I am at the latest version,rooted and play store installed.My problem is that when i enable 3G or LTE mobile data is not working.If only 2G is enabled data is ok but very slow.The APN settings are correct,I changed sim card with a new one,i try the *#*#3646#*#* enable the correct option but nothing.I try everything,i am searching many days for solution but i can't find anything.If someone can help me,please help me!Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread