Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 42,337 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Galaxy S Duos] [KyleOPEN] No SIM card

Tip us?

TheZombieKiller
Old
(Last edited by TheZombieKiller; 12th August 2014 at 03:18 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Galaxy S Duos] [KyleOPEN] No SIM card

Hi,

Tonight I decided to install KyleOPEN on my Galaxy S DUOS. After it finally installed, I am now getting a "No SIM Card. | Emergency calls only" message on my lock screen. The SIM is detected in slot 2 now as well, instead of slot 1 like it used to.

EDIT: When my phone starts, it goes from "No SIM card" to "Telstra" to "No Service" to "Telstra" to "No SIM Card" to "No SIM Card. | Emergency calls only", does this mean that the SIM is "dropping out" or something?
EDIT2: My SIM briefly started working for around half a minute, and I was able to receive a text, but now it has dropped out again, and there is now no message at all on the lock screen.

This phone was purchased in Singapore, however I currently live in Australia and use Telstra as my service provider.

Is anyone able to help me fix this? My phone runs much faster, which is nice, but I'd rather be able to make calls and use my data

Regards,
Ben

TechMinerUK
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZombieKiller View Post
Hi,

Tonight I decided to install KyleOPEN on my Galaxy S DUOS. After it finally installed, I am now getting a "No SIM Card. | Emergency calls only" message on my lock screen. The SIM is detected in slot 2 now as well, instead of slot 1 like it used to.

EDIT: When my phone starts, it goes from "No SIM card" to "Telstra" to "No Service" to "Telstra" to "No SIM Card" to "No SIM Card. | Emergency calls only", does this mean that the SIM is "dropping out" or something?
EDIT2: My SIM briefly started working for around half a minute, and I was able to receive a text, but now it has dropped out again, and there is now no message at all on the lock screen.

This phone was purchased in Singapore, however I currently live in Australia and use Telstra as my service provider.

Is anyone able to help me fix this? My phone runs much faster, which is nice, but I'd rather be able to make calls and use my data

Regards,
Ben
Is the ROM built for dual sim?, if not look for one that is as it may be causing the issue.

It does sound like a software caused problem

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Snapshots
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"

TheZombieKiller
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMinerUK View Post
Is the ROM built for dual sim?, if not look for one that is as it may be causing the issue.

It does sound like a software caused problem

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app
Yes, as far as I know, it's designed for dual sim. It's a ROM that's designed for my phone model specifically.

TechMinerUK
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZombieKiller View Post
Yes, as far as I know, it's designed for dual sim. It's a ROM that's designed for my phone model specifically.
Try the mobile network settings, if not then flash stock and see if issue persists as it may be an issue inside the ROM

ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Snapshots
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"