Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Dalvik cache - is this something to be cleared out regularly?

OP Pawprints1986

25th August 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

90 posts
I was just wondering if it would be wise to clear this out every so often?

I was just removing a couple of apps that i tried but didnt like, and it got me thinking about how many other things ive tried but didnt like since ive had the phone. Does uninstalling remove all of the apps data/cache/apk,etc? Or should i somehow manually do this thru CWM??
25th August 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints1986

I was just wondering if it would be wise to clear this out every so often?

I was just removing a couple of apps that i tried but didnt like, and it got me thinking about how many other things ive tried but didnt like since ive had the phone. Does uninstalling remove all of the apps data/cache/apk,etc? Or should i somehow manually do this thru CWM??

Clearing dalvik cache isn't going to give you any problems and it won't erase any data you need. The easiest way to do this is to get a file explorer (like es file explorer) and go to /data/dalvik-cache, select all files and delete. Reboot your device immediately though because your phone will be unstable. When your booting you'll get a 'android is upgrading' notification then after that you'll be good to go. This is probably the best way to remove leftover app data that you don't want without digging through hundreds of folders.
P.S. launching apps might be a little slower after this but only for a little bit😊.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by ILIVE4HEAD; 25th August 2014 at 07:51 AM.
25th August 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 608

4,745 posts
More
I only wiped it before flashing new ROM so ehh hehhee
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread