Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 38,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dalvik cache - is this something to be cleared out regularly?

Tip us?

Pawprints1986
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dalvik cache - is this something to be cleared out regularly?

I was just wondering if it would be wise to clear this out every so often?

I was just removing a couple of apps that i tried but didnt like, and it got me thinking about how many other things ive tried but didnt like since ive had the phone. Does uninstalling remove all of the apps data/cache/apk,etc? Or should i somehow manually do this thru CWM??

ILIVE4HEAD
Old
(Last edited by ILIVE4HEAD; 25th August 2014 at 06:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawprints1986 View Post
I was just wondering if it would be wise to clear this out every so often?

I was just removing a couple of apps that i tried but didnt like, and it got me thinking about how many other things ive tried but didnt like since ive had the phone. Does uninstalling remove all of the apps data/cache/apk,etc? Or should i somehow manually do this thru CWM??
Clearing dalvik cache isn't going to give you any problems and it won't erase any data you need. The easiest way to do this is to get a file explorer (like es file explorer) and go to /data/dalvik-cache, select all files and delete. Reboot your device immediately though because your phone will be unstable. When your booting you'll get a 'android is upgrading' notification then after that you'll be good to go. This is probably the best way to remove leftover app data that you don't want without digging through hundreds of folders.
P.S. launching apps might be a little slower after this but only for a little bit😊.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Bink Feed
Old
Thanks Meter 548
I only wiped it before flashing new ROM so ehh hehhee
>---> Senior Support Member <---<
I provide support for you in the following threads:
For help with choosing a new phone or tablet or getting advice, "What's your next smartphone / What should I buy", "Consolidated Device Comparison/ Q&A/ Discussion Thread!!" and "Not sure what device to buy? Ask here! .

When you enter a thread mentioned above and you want my help, than you should quote or mention me