Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more
Post Reply

[Q]Headphone button action

OP squidward_

1st July 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hi there,

today I bought a new headphone for travelling and such, a Sony MDR-ZX750BN (sorry cant link because new user). Now this model has its own volume control and also a previous, next and a play/stop buttons, which picks up calls as well (built in mic). So I searched some forums and google for a way to change button actions, as it would be pretty great to launch google now with a long press etc. But all the apps I've tried have failed to recognize the headphone. Can someone point me to a tool which does things like this? Is it very complicated? I am not an expert in deeper andriod modifications but not a beginner either. Running a Nexus 5 with L release.

Thanks in advance
1st July 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 195
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_

Hi there,

today I bought a new headphone for travelling and such, a Sony MDR-ZX750BN (sorry cant link because new user). Now this model has its own volume control and also a previous, next and a play/stop buttons, which picks up calls as well (built in mic). So I searched some forums and google for a way to change button actions, as it would be pretty great to launch google now with a long press etc. But all the apps I've tried have failed to recognize the headphone. Can someone point me to a tool which does things like this? Is it very complicated? I am not an expert in deeper andriod modifications but not a beginner either. Running a Nexus 5 with L release.

Thanks in advance

try this Im not sure,did iI understand you, sorry for my bad english
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...headsetcontrol
1st July 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

try this Im not sure,did iI understand you, sorry for my bad english

thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive tried all these apps in the store, but they dont recognize my headphone's buttons. and I dont know why. I would need something that can monitor hardware input and then do it with tasker or something. well thanks anyway
1st July 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #4  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 195
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_

thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive tried all these apps in the store, but they dont recognize my headphone's buttons. and I dont know why. I would need something that can monitor hardware input and then do it with tasker or something. well thanks anyway

did you try to find on sony site ?
2nd July 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

did you try to find on sony site ?

yeah but no luck
2nd July 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #6  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 195
 
721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_

yeah but no luck

I dont know, maybe your rom doesnt support this. :/ try to update to cm 11 for your device, I dont know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank