Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Headphone button action

Tip us?
 
squidward_
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Audio [Q]Headphone button action

Hi there,

today I bought a new headphone for travelling and such, a Sony MDR-ZX750BN (sorry cant link because new user). Now this model has its own volume control and also a previous, next and a play/stop buttons, which picks up calls as well (built in mic). So I searched some forums and google for a way to change button actions, as it would be pretty great to launch google now with a long press etc. But all the apps I've tried have failed to recognize the headphone. Can someone point me to a tool which does things like this? Is it very complicated? I am not an expert in deeper andriod modifications but not a beginner either. Running a Nexus 5 with L release.

Thanks in advance
 
Paget96
Old
#2  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 335
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Krusevac
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_ View Post
Hi there,

today I bought a new headphone for travelling and such, a Sony MDR-ZX750BN (sorry cant link because new user). Now this model has its own volume control and also a previous, next and a play/stop buttons, which picks up calls as well (built in mic). So I searched some forums and google for a way to change button actions, as it would be pretty great to launch google now with a long press etc. But all the apps I've tried have failed to recognize the headphone. Can someone point me to a tool which does things like this? Is it very complicated? I am not an expert in deeper andriod modifications but not a beginner either. Running a Nexus 5 with L release.

Thanks in advance
try this Im not sure,did iI understand you, sorry for my bad english
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...headsetcontrol
Dont forget to hit thanks

My works:
ALL ROMs FOR GALAXY ACE PLUS
[ROM]Pagebread v1.0 ROM (2.3.6)
[COMPETITION]✪✪Ace Plus Benchmark✪✪
My devices:
LG L7 P700 - CURRENT
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 - SOLD
 
squidward_
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96 View Post
try this Im not sure,did iI understand you, sorry for my bad english
thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive tried all these apps in the store, but they dont recognize my headphone's buttons. and I dont know why. I would need something that can monitor hardware input and then do it with tasker or something. well thanks anyway
 
Paget96
Old
#4  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 335
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Krusevac
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_ View Post
thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive tried all these apps in the store, but they dont recognize my headphone's buttons. and I dont know why. I would need something that can monitor hardware input and then do it with tasker or something. well thanks anyway
did you try to find on sony site ?
Dont forget to hit thanks

My works:
ALL ROMs FOR GALAXY ACE PLUS
[ROM]Pagebread v1.0 ROM (2.3.6)
[COMPETITION]✪✪Ace Plus Benchmark✪✪
My devices:
LG L7 P700 - CURRENT
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 - SOLD
 
squidward_
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96 View Post
did you try to find on sony site ?
yeah but no luck
 
Paget96
Old
#6  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 335
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Krusevac
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_ View Post
yeah but no luck
I dont know, maybe your rom doesnt support this. :/ try to update to cm 11 for your device, I dont know.
Dont forget to hit thanks

My works:
ALL ROMs FOR GALAXY ACE PLUS
[ROM]Pagebread v1.0 ROM (2.3.6)
[COMPETITION]✪✪Ace Plus Benchmark✪✪
My devices:
LG L7 P700 - CURRENT
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 - SOLD
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...