Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q]Headphone button action

OP squidward_

1st July 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi there,

today I bought a new headphone for travelling and such, a Sony MDR-ZX750BN (sorry cant link because new user). Now this model has its own volume control and also a previous, next and a play/stop buttons, which picks up calls as well (built in mic). So I searched some forums and google for a way to change button actions, as it would be pretty great to launch google now with a long press etc. But all the apps I've tried have failed to recognize the headphone. Can someone point me to a tool which does things like this? Is it very complicated? I am not an expert in deeper andriod modifications but not a beginner either. Running a Nexus 5 with L release.

Thanks in advance
1st July 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #2  
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 203

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward_

Hi there,

today I bought a new headphone for travelling and such, a Sony MDR-ZX750BN (sorry cant link because new user). Now this model has its own volume control and also a previous, next and a play/stop buttons, which picks up calls as well (built in mic). So I searched some forums and google for a way to change button actions, as it would be pretty great to launch google now with a long press etc. But all the apps I've tried have failed to recognize the headphone. Can someone point me to a tool which does things like this? Is it very complicated? I am not an expert in deeper andriod modifications but not a beginner either. Running a Nexus 5 with L release.

Thanks in advance

try this Im not sure,did iI understand you, sorry for my bad english
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...headsetcontrol
1st July 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

try this Im not sure,did iI understand you, sorry for my bad english

thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive tried all these apps in the store, but they dont recognize my headphone's buttons. and I dont know why. I would need something that can monitor hardware input and then do it with tasker or something. well thanks anyway
1st July 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag Krusevac

737 posts
More
Quote:

thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive tried all these apps in the store, but they dont recognize my headphone's buttons. and I dont know why. I would need something that can monitor hardware input and then do it with tasker or something. well thanks anyway

did you try to find on sony site ?
2nd July 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

did you try to find on sony site ?

yeah but no luck
2nd July 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Krusevac

737 posts
More
Quote:

yeah but no luck

I dont know, maybe your rom doesnt support this. :/ try to update to cm 11 for your device, I dont know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread