[Q] Need help s-off htc one m8

OP DanielxRodriguez

3rd September 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
i tried getting s-off using firewater but it didnt work. i tried it today and i read in the comments from a few days ago and said theyve patched this method. is this so ? and if so is there another thing i could use that works to get s-off for my htc one m8 on sprint. And finally if there is no other working way are the devs of firewater going to be coming out with an update to bypass whatever patch htc sent out THX... Also if you know any method to make it work that works also. My htc is rooted and unlocked bootloader on the custom rom Android Revolution hd its a sense based rom i read and should have worked with the firewater method. Ive followed all directions in everything and its been perfect up until now thank you all for any help.
3rd September 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielxRodriguez

i tried getting s-off using firewater but it didnt work. i tried it today and i read in the comments from a few days ago and said theyve patched this method. is this so ? and if so is there another thing i could use that works to get s-off for my htc one m8 on sprint. And finally if there is no other working way are the devs of firewater going to be coming out with an update to bypass whatever patch htc sent out THX... Also if you know any method to make it work that works also. My htc is rooted and unlocked bootloader on the custom rom Android Revolution hd its a sense based rom i read and should have worked with the firewater method. Ive followed all directions in everything and its been perfect up until now thank you all for any help.

for anyone reading this or have read it this may sound crazy and im not too good and am new to all this stuff but if i was able to go to a previous version of htc while keeping the root and then s-off (because firewater should work without the htc patch that is said to stop it) THEN upgrade back to 4.4.3 with the phone now s-off while still being able to maintain the root then just flashing on the rom back and restoring all my backups (HTC backup and titanium)
3rd September 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #3  

2 posts
S-off
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielxRodriguez

Follow this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2708628
I used this and it worked perfectly. Are you sure your device is rooted? I thought you had to have s-off first in order to root, but maybe that is only for the verizon HTC One M8.
I followed this guide for my M8 and it worked flawlessly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread