Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help blocking spam

Tip us?
 
xirvin
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Help blocking spam

Hi! I have been receiving crazy spam in my cellphone which I believe comes from the Sim. It's super annoying as 1 might click it inadvertently and enroll in unwanted services. Sometimes no matter how much I click cancel, the damn pop-up reappears asking me to enroll. Help me!!!!! This kind of spamming would be illegal in some 1st world countries.



Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404589429204.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2834659  
 
Kobro
Old
#2  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 419
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Moshav Matityahu
Spam as in ads, or are you getting sms/emails?

Sent from my GT-I8190L using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

If youre into computer games, check out tanki online!
http://tankionline.com#friend=569lJ8...yh7rTJL5dHyg7m
 
Paget96
Old
#3  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 651
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Krusevac
Quote:
Originally Posted by xirvin View Post
Hi! I have been receiving crazy spam in my cellphone which I believe comes from the Sim. It's super annoying as 1 might click it inadvertently and enroll in unwanted services. Sometimes no matter how much I click cancel, the damn pop-up reappears asking me to enroll. Help me!!!!! This kind of spamming would be illegal in some 1st world countries.



Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
block ads on your phone, use adaway or , I use lucky patcher to block ads, it help me too muck, you can use this
Dont forget to hit thanks

My threads:
[TWEAKS][build.prop] Performance/Battery for LG's
Expand battery in KITKAT ROMs

ALL ROMs FOR GALAXY ACE PLUS

LG L7 P705 - CURRENT
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 - SOLD
 
TheArc
Old
#4  
TheArc's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,773
Posts: 2,232
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Auckland City
@xirvin it is probably an app you installed that is causing this. Uninstall some suspected apps and see if it disappears or not.
iOS7 Kik Messenger | Svelte UI CM11 Theme | Active Launcher
 
xirvin
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2011
Thank you all, unfortunately it is not an application installed but the wireless provider exploiting cell broadcasting. I have one of the cleanest rom for the S4 hw.

Have deactivated that feature. So far no other pop-ups (crossing fingers) .

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
 
shadowcreeper_1
Old
#6  
shadowcreeper_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 177
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96 View Post
block ads on your phone, use adaway or , I use lucky patcher to block ads, it help me too muck, you can use this
how the hell are you going to block service provider ads with lucky patcher or adaway............

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My device:
Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket(rooted)
rom: AOSP
kernal:Stock

Dont forget to thank me if i helpedyou out
 
Paget96
Old
#7  
Paget96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 165
Posts: 651
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Krusevac
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcreeper_1 View Post
how the hell are you going to block service provider ads with lucky patcher or adaway............

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
oh, sorry, I think ads, I dont understand you, sorry :/
Dont forget to hit thanks

My threads:
[TWEAKS][build.prop] Performance/Battery for LG's
Expand battery in KITKAT ROMs

ALL ROMs FOR GALAXY ACE PLUS

LG L7 P705 - CURRENT
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 - SOLD

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes