Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Post Reply

[Q] Need Help Boot Animations

OP cooley525

27th July 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I know nothing about development and have just rooted my first phone *note 3* I'm looking for a Watch Dogs boot animation but can only find such things in bootanimation.zip that have been tailored to other phones, not the note 2/3. I have to have one in that .qmg format in order to get it to work properly, *as far as I know* and I can not find one at all. Can anyone help me get the Watch Dogs Boot Animation?
27th July 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #2  
samsungrockz's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley525

I know nothing about development and have just rooted my first phone *note 3* I'm looking for a Watch Dogs boot animation but can only find such things in bootanimation.zip that have been tailored to other phones, not the note 2/3. I have to have one in that .qmg format in order to get it to work properly, *as far as I know* and I can not find one at all. Can anyone help me get the Watch Dogs Boot Animation?

that .qmg thing in samsung is really irritating!
read this thread to know how to enable bootanimation.zip in stock samsung roms >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2063280

and if the bootanimation you got doesn't match the resolution of your note 3, send me the link i'll manage to resize it and give u back
27th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungrockz

that .qmg thing in samsung is really irritating!
read this thread to know how to enable bootanimation.zip in stock samsung roms >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2063280

and if the bootanimation you got doesn't match the resolution of your note 3, send me the link i'll manage to resize it and give u back

OK I followed all that info to a t and when I try booting the file it gives me some authenticate error or something when I try to boot it
27th July 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley525

OK I followed all that info to a t and when I try booting the file it gives me some authenticate error or something when I try to boot it

Says something bout invalid footer and some authorization
28th July 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #5  
samsungrockz's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley525

Says something bout invalid footer and some authorization

Got it ! You must be on stock recovery, try installing a custom recovery like CWM , TWRP or 4EXT and then try flashing the bootanimation.zip (i love CWM btw)

If you still see signature verification problem, feel free to reply again
28th July 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungrockz

Got it ! You must be on stock recovery, try installing a custom recovery like CWM , TWRP or 4EXT and then try flashing the bootanimation.zip (i love CWM btw)

If you still see signature verification problem, feel free to reply again

I ended up just using the .qmg maker from Samsung to put it together.

BUT, this brings me to another question, installing custom recovery. I have TWRM But have NO idea how to install the custom recovery. It shows like 90 different names of files, no idea how to install it
28th July 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #7  
samsungrockz's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 10
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley525

I ended up just using the .qmg maker from Samsung to put it together.

BUT, this brings me to another question, installing custom recovery. I have TWRM But have NO idea how to install the custom recovery. It shows like 90 different names of files, no idea how to install it

If youre facing difficulties installing TWRP, try Philz recovery, its a custom cwm recovery. Google philz recovery on note 3 and youll get full guide on that. I'll put links here but since i'm a new user i can't. I hope it'll help

caution: do install the version which is compatible with your version of note 3!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank