Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP] Camera And Gallery Deleted from the System

Tip us?

JoshuaForTheWin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by noslippin View Post
You need to meet Titanium Backup.
I heard a lot about it.. Does it restore my deleted gallery2 apk? Does it do a full system recovery.. If ill lost all my files and framework modules for a trade of gallery2.apk.. I would really do it

JoshuaForTheWin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergerrit View Post
I don't no anything else than flashing your ROM again. You have to google a lot to find a stock/custom ROM for your phone.

After downloading the rom, look at google for some good guides to flash ROMs. There are lots of them.

Thanks master... If only its easy to find the rom. I would flash a rom to this.. But i cant seem to find a rom.. Can you give me the keys in finding roms and how would i know if my device is compatible with it and whats the requirement?

supergerrit
Old
(Last edited by supergerrit; 28th August 2014 at 07:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaForTheWin View Post
Thanks master... If only its easy to find the rom. I would flash a rom to this.. But i cant seem to find a rom.. Can you give me the keys in finding roms and how would i know if my device is compatible with it and whats the requirement?
It is not easy to find a ROM for non common devices (your device). You have to look everywere... One thing, the ROM must be made for your device. I cannot help you finding a rom.
Look also at the manufacturers site.
Bitcoin Address: 174QHAX3zTrP29m2JbQLBGU1cfKizYtddn

JoshuaForTheWin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergerrit View Post
It is not easy to find a ROM for non common devices (your device). You have to look everywere... One thing, the ROM must be made for your device. I cannot help you finding a rom.
Look also at the manufacturers site.

I found a rom for a phone thats also a local brand.. With almost all the same specs and kernel and even the camera.. And ui.. The difference is just that the hardware design of the phone.. And 2nd.. I dont know how to flash a rom.. It was a kitkat rom. I just dont know how to flash it.. It was a zip file with systems and boot.img. can you give me a process on how should i flash it through my phonw ans how should i back up my phone before flashing it?

supergerrit
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaForTheWin View Post
I found a rom for a phone thats also a local brand.. With almost all the same specs and kernel and even the camera.. And ui.. The difference is just that the hardware design of the phone.. And 2nd.. I dont know how to flash a rom.. It was a kitkat rom. I just dont know how to flash it.. It was a zip file with systems and boot.img. can you give me a process on how should i flash it through my phonw ans how should i back up my phone before flashing it?
- install titanium backup and backup everything
- boot into the recovery mode and make a nandroid backup.
- do a factory reset
- flash the zip file
- restore all user apps (NOT THE SYSTEM APPS)

It might be nessecary to install a custom recovery.

Again, look at google for some guides. Flashing is the same on almost every device. There are lots of them

Just to say it: i'm not responsible for any damage to your phone.
Bitcoin Address: 174QHAX3zTrP29m2JbQLBGU1cfKizYtddn