Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] iphone has Zephyr for gestures -What about Android?!

Tip us?

Ap0ll0und5
Old
(Last edited by Ap0ll0und5; 1st March 2012 at 01:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Angry [Q] iphone has Zephyr for gestures -What about Android?!

Was just messing around with my dad iphone 4 and noticed that in cydia there is a tweak that bring ipad like multitasking gestures in a blackberry-esq fashion to their phone. no i have looked all over! and unfortunately there is nothing similar for android, and unfortunately i am not THAT technically inclined as to port the application in order to get it working. I am, however, hoping that somebody with the skill and know-how is interested and would be willing to share their work if possible.

im not sure if the problem has been screen size or multitouch capabilities, or the notification bar swiping confusion, but apples ios5 has it figured out so im sure we can!

I need to get my dad off my back thinking Apple is better than Android because of they can do multitask gestures on their phone! :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Ap0ll0und5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kramiel16
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up interesring

I love this thread. I hope we'll find answer.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Try this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...urecontroldemo

Antiallergiker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
But GMD Gesture control isnt as good animated as Zephyr -.-
Zephyr looks much better ..

The_MutenRoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone?

bozie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I to would be interested in this, sadly I do not own a brain with such geeky powers (I'm working on it though) I use the term geek in a well manored fasion before anyone takes offence, as being a geek is something I aspire to be.

Sent from my DLR_MID using xda app-developers app

mvmacd
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Bump for interest.
I wonder if android could gain iPad-like gestures for tablets?
That would be amazing.
Current devices | Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 (2013),

Previous devices | HTC Evo 4G LTE, Nexus 10, HTC Rezound, Nexus 7, Samsung Fascinate

pointless6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default devs

Cydia substrate is available for Android
Android. contact zephyr developer or can someone make an alternative.

Any android devs: This is my rough understanding of how it works
works. it takes a full screen of each app and output png, array of apps -> pngs, get array position based on current app, on detect two finger swipe take png of current app and begin animation, on the last frame switch to app.

Zephyr has been a deal breaker for some people. I also miss swipe peek history on safari and the menus. I reckon these use the same png hack