Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 40,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need Help getting Into My Wifi

Tip us?

RxJunkie
Old
(Last edited by RxJunkie; 21st July 2014 at 04:37 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need Help getting Into My Wifi

Okay so here's the dilema my dad changes the wifi password after we argue and I'd love I if I could find a way to get the password without him knowing.

I'm on an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 And i am rooted
I usually use his laptop when he's not around and get the password but that's not an option for the time being. Thanks in advance.

The Wifi Type is WPA2 PSK
The router is a Netgear
The modem is a Motorola

P.S. I do t have access to a computer but I do have physical access to the router and modem and I'm new to the forum please let me know if I posted this in the wrong g place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140720_231835.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	2862471  

Xpid3r
Old
Thanks Meter 94
See into wifi manager that the Router has (Wps Available)
Then there is a Solution for it...

Just Go near the Router and press the Wps Butten and Connect from mobile...
And you done
I tried many times...

Sorry for bad english
"If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you dream it, you can become it."

My Engish is Not GooD sorry 4 that

If i Helped hit "Thanks" butten

psycho1200
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxJunkie View Post
Okay so here's the dilema my dad changes the wifi password after we argue and I'd love I if I could find a way to get the password without him knowing.

I usually use his laptop when he's not around and get the password but that's not an option for the time being. Thanks in advance.

The router is a Netgear
The modem is a Motorola

P.S. I do t have access to a computer but I do have physical access to the router and modem and I'm new to the forum please let me know if I posted this in the wrong g place.
Take his laptop or his computer and click on the network icon on windows and then check the password an now you will know the password,

Neorpowa
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho1200 View Post
Take his laptop or his computer and click on the network icon on windows and then check the password an now you will know the password,
eh he stated that using his laptop was not an option for the time being

I just assume that you have multiple computers at home that are connected to your network. I've come across some programs that I used to recover our network password when I was younger, all you need is a usb drive and those programs. I believe the site was called nirsoft or something .

!!Those programs may be identified as viruses as!!

DigMyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpid3r View Post
See into wifi manager that the Router has (Wps Available)
Then there is a Solution for it...

Just Go near the Router and press the Wps Butten and Connect from mobile...
And you done
If your router DOES have WPS, then this is a good quick and clean call and should be sure to remember to click "thanks" on Xpid3r's post.

If it DOES NOT have it, then give us a little more info:

1.)when he changes it, who and what does he update other than his laptop? - sometimes people are easier to bride, sweet talk, or otherwise crack than devices... Would mom, brother, roommate, friend etc. get the updated password? If not, what other devices get updated? anywhere the password is saved is a potential entry point. For example, if YOU were keeping the password from HIM... Then he could get it from your galaxy s5 NOTE:I can't post a link, because I'm new here. But if you google "recover wifi password from android" there is a walktrough from hubpages that I've used

2.)Could you borrow a friend's laptop to hack the password? - If so, there are plenty of tutorials around for that (though admittedly that is not a SHORT learning curve)

3.)How visible is the router? I rented a room once and shared Wifi was supposed to be included in the rent. The landlord was a real tool though and, among other issues, he wouldn't tell me the router password so I could do some port-forwarding etc. It got annoying very fast. But he had his router hidden away for aesthetics. So I connected my own router (from my last place) to one of his router's wired ports and then had my own wireless network through the house with its own SSID. I lived there 4 more months and he never noticed it. If your dad's router is tucked away you could probably do the same. Or if you cannot access his laptop BECAUSE he is out of town, then it wouldn't have to be hidden. You could do that type of setup in plain sight temporarily and just take it down before he comes home and get the password from his laptop then. (Tip: if you do this disable DHCP server or YOUR router so they don't fight over who gets to assign IP addresses)

Good luck to you. Let us know how it turns out

rbeavers
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Reset the router.
Screwed by Google. Canceled ICS upgrade on my Moto Photon 4G. and No Update for Photon Q for Kit Kat.

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE - CM 11.0 M8 - On ting.com - only Pay for what you GET.
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery. "too new for ting"
Nexus 7 2012 Kit Kat, Stock rooted, twrp recovery.

Retired, Kids Toys, Gave Away &/or Bricked; HTC G1, Samsung Moment, 2 Photon 4G's, Samsung Nexus S 4G, Kindle Fire.

Xpid3r
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeavers View Post
Reset the router.
He says without knowing his Father... :sly:
"If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you dream it, you can become it."

My Engish is Not GooD sorry 4 that

If i Helped hit "Thanks" butten

lalec
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Sounds like a job for dsploit

Gvinet
Old
(Last edited by Gvinet; 14th August 2014 at 11:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxJunkie View Post

The router is a Netgear
The modem is a Motorola

you can find the password in options of wireless networks in the father's computer. Do it when the father goes to the toilet or eat , it only takes 1 minute