How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need Help getting Into My Wifi

OP RxJunkie

21st July 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Okay so here's the dilema my dad changes the wifi password after we argue and I'd love I if I could find a way to get the password without him knowing.

I'm on an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 And i am rooted
I usually use his laptop when he's not around and get the password but that's not an option for the time being. Thanks in advance.

The Wifi Type is WPA2 PSK
The router is a Netgear
The modem is a Motorola

P.S. I do t have access to a computer but I do have physical access to the router and modem and I'm new to the forum please let me know if I posted this in the wrong g place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140720_231835.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	2862471  
Last edited by RxJunkie; 21st July 2014 at 05:37 AM.
7th August 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 139

360 posts
More
See into wifi manager that the Router has (Wps Available)
Then there is a Solution for it...

Just Go near the Router and press the Wps Butten and Connect from mobile...
And you done
I tried many times...

Sorry for bad english
7th August 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ecatepec
Thanks Meter: 15

110 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxJunkie

Okay so here's the dilema my dad changes the wifi password after we argue and I'd love I if I could find a way to get the password without him knowing.

I usually use his laptop when he's not around and get the password but that's not an option for the time being. Thanks in advance.

The router is a Netgear
The modem is a Motorola

P.S. I do t have access to a computer but I do have physical access to the router and modem and I'm new to the forum please let me know if I posted this in the wrong g place.

Take his laptop or his computer and click on the network icon on windows and then check the password an now you will know the password,
7th August 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 14

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho1200

Take his laptop or his computer and click on the network icon on windows and then check the password an now you will know the password,

eh he stated that using his laptop was not an option for the time being

I just assume that you have multiple computers at home that are connected to your network. I've come across some programs that I used to recover our network password when I was younger, all you need is a usb drive and those programs. I believe the site was called nirsoft or something .

!!Those programs may be identified as viruses as!!
11th August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpid3r

See into wifi manager that the Router has (Wps Available)
Then there is a Solution for it...

Just Go near the Router and press the Wps Butten and Connect from mobile...
And you done

If your router DOES have WPS, then this is a good quick and clean call and should be sure to remember to click "thanks" on Xpid3r's post.

If it DOES NOT have it, then give us a little more info:

1.)when he changes it, who and what does he update other than his laptop? - sometimes people are easier to bride, sweet talk, or otherwise crack than devices... Would mom, brother, roommate, friend etc. get the updated password? If not, what other devices get updated? anywhere the password is saved is a potential entry point. For example, if YOU were keeping the password from HIM... Then he could get it from your galaxy s5 NOTE:I can't post a link, because I'm new here. But if you google "recover wifi password from android" there is a walktrough from hubpages that I've used

2.)Could you borrow a friend's laptop to hack the password? - If so, there are plenty of tutorials around for that (though admittedly that is not a SHORT learning curve)

3.)How visible is the router? I rented a room once and shared Wifi was supposed to be included in the rent. The landlord was a real tool though and, among other issues, he wouldn't tell me the router password so I could do some port-forwarding etc. It got annoying very fast. But he had his router hidden away for aesthetics. So I connected my own router (from my last place) to one of his router's wired ports and then had my own wireless network through the house with its own SSID. I lived there 4 more months and he never noticed it. If your dad's router is tucked away you could probably do the same. Or if you cannot access his laptop BECAUSE he is out of town, then it wouldn't have to be hidden. You could do that type of setup in plain sight temporarily and just take it down before he comes home and get the password from his laptop then. (Tip: if you do this disable DHCP server or YOUR router so they don't fight over who gets to assign IP addresses)

Good luck to you. Let us know how it turns out
12th August 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #6  
Flag Columbus Ohio
Thanks Meter: 81

717 posts
More
Reset the router.
12th August 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 139

360 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeavers

Reset the router.

He says without knowing his Father... :sly:
13th August 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #8  
Flag Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 104

429 posts
More
Sounds like a job for dsploit
14th August 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxJunkie

The router is a Netgear
The modem is a Motorola

you can find the password in options of wireless networks in the father's computer. Do it when the father goes to the toilet or eat , it only takes 1 minute
Last edited by Gvinet; 14th August 2014 at 12:11 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread