Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] Query about a Display problem

Tip us?

k4mik4z
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Question [Q] [Help] Query about a Display problem

I just got myself a XIaomi mi3

everything was fine i but two days into use I find myself at the eng of a nagging problem..

the bottom edge of the screen is dim compared to other edges , this is apparent mostly when you are viewing white pages.and the top edge is slightly brighter..im not sure whether i can say it is backlight bleed or not..but when i loaded a full screen black page..there was a bit more light coming out of top and bit less

MY question is this a problem worth replacing the phone..? i can live with this as its not much of a deal breaker for daily use..you dont notice it often
Does it have any impications on the life of LCD , battery life etc?
Here are some pics i tried ,but the camera is poor and i dont think i was really able to capture the issue ..but i you look closely you can see the difference between top and bottom edges [top is left side btw]
sample 1
sample 2

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mik4z View Post
I just got myself a XIaomi mi3

everything was fine i but two days into use I find myself at the eng of a nagging problem..

the bottom edge of the screen is dim compared to other edges , this is apparent mostly when you are viewing white pages.and the top edge is slightly brighter..im not sure whether i can say it is backlight bleed or not..but when i loaded a full screen black page..there was a bit more light coming out of top and bit less

MY question is this a problem worth replacing the phone..? i can live with this as its not much of a deal breaker for daily use..you dont notice it often
Does it have any impications on the life of LCD , battery life etc?
Here are some pics i tried ,but the camera is poor and i dont think i was really able to capture the issue ..but i you look closely you can see the difference between top and bottom edges [top is left side btw]
no way i would "live" with any problem like that on a phone i just bought. if nothing other than being annoyed it doesnt look like it should, i would be worried constantly that it will get worse or spread.

if it were mine, it would have gone back the second i noticed that.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

k4mik4z
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
yeah thanx for the reply man ,which is exactly what im doing..hoping the new device doesnt have issues
Tags
lcd