[Q] [Help] Query about a Display problem

OP k4mik4z

30th July 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 29

86 posts
More
I just got myself a XIaomi mi3

everything was fine i but two days into use I find myself at the eng of a nagging problem..

the bottom edge of the screen is dim compared to other edges , this is apparent mostly when you are viewing white pages.and the top edge is slightly brighter..im not sure whether i can say it is backlight bleed or not..but when i loaded a full screen black page..there was a bit more light coming out of top and bit less

MY question is this a problem worth replacing the phone..? i can live with this as its not much of a deal breaker for daily use..you dont notice it often
Does it have any impications on the life of LCD , battery life etc?
Here are some pics i tried ,but the camera is poor and i dont think i was really able to capture the issue ..but i you look closely you can see the difference between top and bottom edges [top is left side btw]
sample 1
sample 2
30th July 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 958

2,016 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mik4z

I just got myself a XIaomi mi3

everything was fine i but two days into use I find myself at the eng of a nagging problem..

the bottom edge of the screen is dim compared to other edges , this is apparent mostly when you are viewing white pages.and the top edge is slightly brighter..im not sure whether i can say it is backlight bleed or not..but when i loaded a full screen black page..there was a bit more light coming out of top and bit less

MY question is this a problem worth replacing the phone..? i can live with this as its not much of a deal breaker for daily use..you dont notice it often
Does it have any impications on the life of LCD , battery life etc?
Here are some pics i tried ,but the camera is poor and i dont think i was really able to capture the issue ..but i you look closely you can see the difference between top and bottom edges [top is left side btw]

no way i would "live" with any problem like that on a phone i just bought. if nothing other than being annoyed it doesnt look like it should, i would be worried constantly that it will get worse or spread.

if it were mine, it would have gone back the second i noticed that.
3rd August 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

86 posts
More
yeah thanx for the reply man ,which is exactly what im doing..hoping the new device doesnt have issues
12th October 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Display bleed issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mik4z

yeah thanx for the reply man ,which is exactly what im doing..hoping the new device doesnt have issues

Does replacement Mi3 have bleeding issue too?
13th October 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

86 posts
More
Seems it's a bit common, the replacement does have it but compared to the original one it's far less
You will notice it if you look for it., using the phone for over 2 months
No problems otherwise
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lcd
Previous Thread Next Thread