[Q] need help regarding reverse tethering in kitkat 4.4.2

Search This thread

Maxxxx123

Apr 6, 2015
I am using lenovo S820 8gb smartphone. I need help regarding USB reverse tethering in kitkat. I had no problems before updating to kitkat 4.4.2. I have rooted my phone. I am new to this Please help!!!!

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Is there any way to replace the chinese apps with other apps as I dont know chinese
yes, download SuperSU, and copy it to /system/apps with a root browser, fix permission, remove chinese app, reboot
if you install SuperSu from play store it will be something like /data/apps/eu.chainfire.supersu.apk
you can try using it there, but you need to move it to /system before you remove chinese app
there are several root browser/explorer/file manager that will work but it needs to be one with root access options
the chinese app should be in /system/apps not sure of name.
Fixing permissions: Looks like
Read Write Execute
Owner:................X .......... X............ _
Group:.................X .......... _ ......... _
Others:................X .......... _ ......... _
RW-R--R-- 0644
This should correct setting, but compare to other system apks.

Maxxxx123

Apr 6, 2015
I replaced the chinese super user with the supersu from playstore with the help of this link. http //xdaforums.com/showthread php t=2532818. but now I am facing a problem that Firstly I lost root and secondly when I open the supersu apk I get a msg that "there is no su binary installed and supersu cannot install it. If u upgraded to 4.3 u need to manually reroot it. I tried to update the supersu apk from playstore but I get an error cannot update it. Please help how to install the su binary.

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I replaced the chinese super user with the supersu from playstore with the help of this link. http //xdaforums.com/showthread php t=2532818. but now I am facing a problem that Firstly I lost root and secondly when I open the supersu apk I get a msg that "there is no su binary installed and supersu cannot install it. If u upgraded to 4.3 u need to manually reroot it. I tried to update the supersu apk from playstore but I get an error cannot update it. Please help how to install the su binary.
You have to reroot.
Try one of these
RootMaster Links

Rootmaster apk or Here

and

Rootmaster.exe run from PC

Most android devices are rootable by one or both these options.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk