[Q] Help Rooting ZTE Valet

OP wede197

3rd September 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello, I recently got a new android device, and I have been looking online trying to find a root; after a couple of days, I managed to find one, but however I am unable to do the steps. If you want to check it out at github (Unkn0wn0ne/RootMyValet)

Here is what the steps are;

Step 1: Push the su binary to /data/local/tmp using adb push su /data/local/tmp
Step 2: Push the roothandler binary to /data/local/tmp using adb push roothandler /data/local/tmp
Step 3: Set the roothandler binary permission using adb shell chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/roothandler
Step 4: Push the installsu.sh script to /data/local/tmp using adb push installsu.sh /data/local/tmp
Step 5: Set the installsu.sh script the execution permission using adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/installsu.sh
Step 6: Install the APK using adb install RootMyValet.apk
Step 7: Start the app on the device, hit the button that says "Push SU Binary"
Step 8: Wait about a minute
Step 9: Enjoy your root!

Every time I try to follow the first instruction, adb returns:Cannot stat 'su' no such file or directory, I suppose thats because there is no su file in the download, and when I run the .bat file, it just runs through a list of commands and says my Valet should be rooted, but it never even reboots. Am I supposed to download the su binary myself? Hopefully someone can clarify some things.

Ive also attached a zip of the root files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RootMyValet-master.zip - [Click for QR Code] (933.7 KB, 8 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread