Watch This Now!

[Q] Is it safe to flash this?

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
By baboomerang, Member on 18th August 2014, 12:48 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there XDA! I have a really big question/problem. I want to theme Clockworkmod Recovery with custom pictures/icons/themes and such. So far I installed Ubuntu VM, decompiled the Recovery Image into Kernel and Ramdisk, replaced the pre-loaded icons with my custom icons to the ramdisk. Finally, I recompiled it into a new recovery image!

However, since this program is designed for device boot images, Im still curious, can this be used for recovery images? I haven't editing anything within the kernel, just opened the ramdisk, replaced the /res/images with my own and did abootimg --create newcwm.img.

EDIT : All I know is that in the boot.cfg the boot parameter size has to be exact fit or hardbrick.
so I have attached the 2 files that shows the recovery image data/config of both of them.
Don't worry its just 2 txt files. Inside the other archive has the flash ready images. BOTH OF THEM. Also includes the already decompiled ramdisk and kernel to take a look at. In addition the bootimg.cfg is also in. It has everything you need to know

So, heres the question. If I decide to flash it to mmcblk0p21 which is the verified recovery partition for the GT-i9505, (Info on the partition informations/mount points below
Then, hopefuly the flash to the recovery partition shouldn't hardbrick my device. Am I right? Or missing something.

I will attach both my image and the cwm recovery Image I decompiled. Please if you can tell me if theres something that has to be fixed to prevent me getting a $700 paperweight.

Note: The layout might be confusing inside the Archive, just please bear with me and just take your time. I can wait :P
Last edited by baboomerang; 18th August 2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Fixed alot of stuff
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

help recovery image download

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread