Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Nexus 7 and Flash Player Plugin

Tip us?

GnomeChompski
Old
(Last edited by GnomeChompski; 6th August 2014 at 07:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]Nexus 7 and Flash Player Plugin

Hello everybody.I need some help. I donwloaded swf player to play The Binding of Isacc. But there was one problem: swf player couldnt found flash player plugin. I tried a lot of versions of flash(official,modified) - not working. I noticed one thing: when flash was not installed ,there was a messege "flash player not found" but when flash was installed there was no message. Unfortunately, when i tried to launch .swf files,programm said that i have no flash player plugin.(even if flash player installed) (maybe this info will help,if i wrote this rightly,lol)
I tried to fix it for 3 days,so iam tired now.
I have nonrooted Nexus 7 2012 , android 4.4.4
Swf player v.1.67 by issess
I wil be very grateful for any help.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeChompski View Post
Hello everybody.I need some help. I donwloaded swf player to play The Binding of Isacc. But there was one problem: swf player couldnt found flash player plugin. I tried a lot of versions of flash(official,modified) - not working. I noticed one thing: when flash was not installed ,there was a messege "flash player not found" but when flash was installed there was no message. Unfortunately, when i tried to launch .swf files,programm said that i have no flash player plugin.(even if flash player installed) (maybe this info will help,if i wrote this rightly,lol)
I tried to fix it for 3 days,so iam tired now.
I have nonrooted Nexus 7 2012 , android 4.4.4
Swf player v.1.67 by issess
I wil be very grateful for any help.
flash stopped supporting android some time ago, that's probably why it cant get the plug-in.
im not sure if there is a workaround on the forums, you could try searching and see what you find.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 187
This is a game?

I don't know that Flash on Android ever worked with games. It might only work for videos and other non-interactive content (like ads)
Relax, go nutz!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
This is a game?

I don't know that Flash on Android ever worked with games. It might only work for videos and other non-interactive content (like ads)
flash player no longer supports android, i can provide links if you wish.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
flash player no longer supports android, i can provide links if you wish.
Other way around, really.

Firefox, Dolphin, Puffin, and other browsers support Flash, as do many older stock browsers, like the Galaxy S3 and my old Razr Maxx. With these you can watch videos from many websites that haven't moved on to HTML5. And ads too (yay!). But I don't know if Flash based games ever worked on mobile browsers. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Maybe they did, but don't now.
Relax, go nutz!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Other way around, really.

Firefox, Dolphin, Puffin, and other browsers support Flash, as do many older stock browsers, like the Galaxy S3 and my old Razr Maxx. With these you can watch videos from many websites that haven't moved on to HTML5. And ads too (yay!). But I don't know if Flash based games ever worked on mobile browsers. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Maybe they did, but don't now.
were on 2 totally different pages here.
im talking about "adobe flash player", what i believe would be needed to use flash for any app not self supporting (like they used to be).

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
were on 2 totally different pages here.
I really don't think we are.
Relax, go nutz!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
I really don't think we are.
i know they have been bringing it back in browsers but that wont help with a game, hence my comments about it being no longer supported.

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
i know they have been bringing it back in browsers but that wont help with a game, hence my comments about it being no longer supported.
Yeah, that's what I've been saying.
Relax, go nutz!