Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! System UI isn't there!

Tip us?

Nightshadow261
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! System UI isn't there!

So yesterday I felt like downloading a new launcher so I got the Google Now launcher off a video on youtube --> (since this is my first post i cant put a url so ill give you the exact title for you to look up-->How To Install Official 4.4 Kit Kat Launcher On Any Android Device 4.1+, Its by DroidModderX Root Master) And in this video he says to update google search witht the files he provides. I did and right after that my phone began crashing alot and whenever I would touch the onscreen task manager icons (the 2 squares on top of eachother) It would give me an error like system ui has stopped than my notifications and home button thing went away but eventually came back a minute later. My background picture turned black too. So i thought I was smart so I decided to do a factory reset (I have a Kyocera Hydro Elite running android 4.1.2 rooted). When my phone turned on after being reset there was no notification or status bar or anything. Just the lockscreen. Please help!!!! I need this phone fixed

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshadow261 View Post
So yesterday I felt like downloading a new launcher so I got the Google Now launcher off a video on youtube --> (since this is my first post i cant put a url so ill give you the exact title for you to look up-->How To Install Official 4.4 Kit Kat Launcher On Any Android Device 4.1+, Its by DroidModderX Root Master) And in this video he says to update google search witht the files he provides. I did and right after that my phone began crashing alot and whenever I would touch the onscreen task manager icons (the 2 squares on top of eachother) It would give me an error like system ui has stopped than my notifications and home button thing went away but eventually came back a minute later. My background picture turned black too. So i thought I was smart so I decided to do a factory reset (I have a Kyocera Hydro Elite running android 4.1.2 rooted). When my phone turned on after being reset there was no notification or status bar or anything. Just the lockscreen. Please help!!!! I need this phone fixed
you will need to find the stock firmware and flash the phone back to stock.
you can not fix broken system files by factory resetting, as you have found.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here