Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Need help!!! Urgent!!! Phone hardbricked

OP regalstreak

9th August 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #11  
Flag Lagos
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
Hi, this happened to me once while I still had an HTC Sensation, every rom I flashed didn't boot past the splash screen boot logo, and it had something to do with having s-on instead of s-off in my phone's recovery preventing it from booting other custom OS's.

I found a fix somewhere, which made me understand I didn't need to have S-Off to have a Custom OS, flashed, rather, there was this small trick, booting the phone from the boot.img file with adb instead of rebooting from a custom recovery. This was an HTC Sensation, not a Samsung, Only trying to help:

* Get/Extract the boot.img file in your custom rom's zip and save it somewhere on your desktop.

* Once you're done flashing the custom rom in recovery, DO NOT reboot from recovery, turn it off by removing its battery and fixing it back, then boot your phone into downloader mode and run these commands.

Code:
cd C:\Users\your-username\Desktop\
( path to where you've got your boot.img file )
Code:
adb flash boot boot.img
Your phone should now boot the custom Rom fine, like I said, you'll be trying this at your own risk, as this worked for an HTC in a similar situation.

Hope I was able to help.
11th August 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 40

126 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killwish

Ok bro.... You should take your device to service centre... They may charge you some money but I think they can fix it and flash stock firmware

Ohk ill try that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hardbrick
Previous Thread Next Thread