Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Verizon Galaxy S 5 Bricked / Stuck In Boot Loop

Tip us?

Dark System
Old
(Last edited by Dark System; 20th July 2014 at 06:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] HELP! Verizon Galaxy S 5 Bricked / Stuck In Boot Loop

Problem resolved thanks to bweN diorD!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark System View Post
Hey everyone, I figured this was the right section to post a question, sorry if I was mistaken.

So I recently rooted my phone and tried to install a custom ROM on it, turns out the ROM I selected was probably for the wrong model or something because my screen was just black. So I booted into recovery to try and restore it on the ROM I backed up and it was gone so now I'm kinda ****ed on a phone for now, before I look into buying a new one I wanna see if there's any way I can resolve this and unbrick it.

When I turn the phone on it just loops the booting screen and when I boot into recovery it just has the droid dude with an exclamation mark on it then turns off and does the boot loop.

I was wondering if maybe there's a file I can put on an external drive and it will automatically restore back to stock like on other devices.

I've done a lot stuff like this to my PS3 just never tried it for my phone so I'm just hoping there's a method out there for me, please provide any feedback or questions about it, I'm just trying to get this resolved and I have no time really to research it because of work and a newborn baby plus you guys would know more about it than me so yeah. Thanks!
usually when you flash the wrong software to a phone it is toast, but you may be in luck as it still turns on.
video here.
further instruction here.
if that doesnt work... well its not good unfortunately.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks

beautybeas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark System View Post
Hey everyone, I figured this was the right section to post a question, sorry if I was mistaken.

So I recently rooted my phone and tried to install a custom ROM on it, turns out the ROM I selected was probably for the wrong model or something because my screen was just black. So I booted into recovery to try and restore it on the ROM I backed up and it was gone so now I'm kinda ****ed on a phone for now, before I look into buying a new one I wanna see if there's any way I can resolve this and unbrick it.

When I turn the phone on it just loops the booting screen and when I boot into recovery it just has the droid dude with an exclamation mark on it then turns off and does the boot loop.

I was wondering if maybe there's a file I can put on an external drive and it will automatically restore back to stock like on other devices.

I've done a lot stuff like this to my PS3 just never tried it for my phone so I'm just hoping there's a method out
for me, please provide any feedback or questions about it, I'm just trying to get this resolved and I have no time really to research it because of work and a newborn baby plus you guys would know more about it than me so yeah. Thanks!
Boot into bootloader and flash stock rom using odin..

Dark System
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
solution
Alright thank you! I'm pretty confident this will work, once the stock ROM file finishes downloading, which it doesn't seem that it wants to work. I've downloaded it 5 times now and every time it's done it's a fail.. I'll keep trying though.

Dark System
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
if that doesnt work... well its not good unfortunately.
yeah it didn't work, did everything right but when it tries to reboot I get the dead little droid guy.