Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] Hot phone bright screen, cold phone dim screen. ????

OP JMorgSmit

11th July 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boswell
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I dropped my phone in a puddle of water during a light drinking binge a week ago. I did all the known techniques for drying out. Rice, etc.
Waited a whole week before turning phone back on, everything seems to work great except screen is very dim. I thought maybe it still needed a little more drying so I took a blow dryer to it. Phone was nice and warm. Afterwards turned phone back on and screen was bright and full of color. I thought wow its fine. About 10 minutes later screen went dim again. Imagine my disappointment. I thought what the hell I'll try the blow dryer again and bingo screen bright and full of color, but as soon as phone cools the screen is dim again. The heat from the blow dryer brings my screen back to life everytime but as soon as it cools it becomes a paperweight.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any explanations as to why this is?
12th July 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #2  
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ , Where ever's Free WiFi
Thanks Meter: 89

325 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorgSmit

I dropped my phone in a puddle of water during a light drinking binge a week ago. I did all the known techniques for drying out. Rice, etc.
Waited a whole week before turning phone back on, everything seems to work great except screen is very dim. I thought maybe it still needed a little more drying so I took a blow dryer to it. Phone was nice and warm. Afterwards turned phone back on and screen was bright and full of color. I thought wow its fine. About 10 minutes later screen went dim again. Imagine my disappointment. I thought what the hell I'll try the blow dryer again and bingo screen bright and full of color, but as soon as phone cools the screen is dim again. The heat from the blow dryer brings my screen back to life everytime but as soon as it cools it becomes a paperweight.

A new screen i guess
12th July 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag oOps
Thanks Meter: 59

255 posts
attach A small heater with your phone

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th July 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 34

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorgSmit

if you have screwdriver set and some skills... watch a video and open your phone... maybe there some moisture left

PS: Its not that difficult if done correctly
The Following User Says Thank You to pushkardua For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boswell
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Thank you all for the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua

if you have screwdriver set and some skills... watch a video and open your phone... maybe there some moisture left

PS: Its not that difficult if done correctly

I took the phone completely apart down to the last screw. Laid all the pieces out on a towel and used the blow dryer for about ten minutes. Put everything back together and BINGO! Has worked like a charm ever since. Thanks again.
24th July 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 34

247 posts
More
You are most welcome!! It would be great if you could subsribe to my youtube channel!!
Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/user/pushkar619
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread