Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How do I get my phone to stop going into Download Mode?

OP InsanePowers

22nd July 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I have the Samsung Galaxy S4, jflteatt, SGH-I337, AT&T, rooted, and I tried to install TWRP from a IMG file using the TWRP Manager app because nothing else was working. I can go into detail if you want but that is the summarized version. I used a DD file from the twrp website and I downloaded it to my phone, then selected it and selected install in the TWRP Manager app. It said flash successful but when I rebooted to recovery using the app my phone went into download mode. It said "Could not do normal boot" ODIN Mode. On Knox Kernel it says "Lock" Does that mean that my boot loader is locked? I think when I tried to install TWRP incorrectly it did this because my boot loader is locked. Is this true? I know I when I tried to flash TWRP from a DD file that I did it incorrectly now. Didn't do my research and tried to flash a file in the TWRP manager app that was meant to be flashed in Terminal Emulator. Dumb move on my part.

Well anyway now that Flashify is working again I tried to install TWRP from there but it just goes into Download mode every time I try to reboot to recovery even though it said "Successful". I can't even get to my stock recovery since I messed up my phone. It just goes into download mode no matter what I try. I know that TWRP will be correctly installed on my phone if I use Flashify because it has worked for everybody else but I don't know if the fact that my bootloader could be potentially locked that it could be messing it up and not allowing the custom recovery to be installed. How to I make it stop going into download mode every time I try to go into recovery mode?

Could unlocking my bootloader any trying to flash TWRP again solve my problem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread