[Q] How Does The Phone's Noise Cancelling Work???

Search This thread

KateAmine

Apr 30, 2014
Hi!
I noticed (wasn't really hard to) that calls made from cars using stock Hands Free systems dramatically lowers sound quality on the listener's end. That is totally common, even in high end cars, although in those cases it is (a little bit) less annoying because to better soundproofing, but generally issue remains the same: no noise cancelling. It kind of strikes me, how can a tiny bluetooth headset have that feature, and $100k car not have it.
I pair my Galaxy s5 with my Subaru car audio system to play music via car speakers, but making calls and repeating every word 5 times is an utter misery for both sides of the conversation. Using unpaired phone or bluetooth headsets like Jabra is the only way i can make calls from my car.
So:
The question is, if there is a way to use phone's noise cancelling feature (third party apps?) for the calls while paired via bluetooth with my car's Hands Free? Can my phone process sound from my car's mic?

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Hi!
I noticed (wasn't really hard to) that calls made from cars using stock Hands Free systems dramatically lowers sound quality on the listener's end. That is totally common, even in high end cars, although in those cases it is (a little bit) less annoying because to better soundproofing, but generally issue remains the same: no noise cancelling. It kind of strikes me, how can a tiny bluetooth headset have that feature, and $100k car not have it.
I pair my Galaxy s5 with my Subaru car audio system to play music via car speakers, but making calls and repeating every word 5 times is an utter misery for both sides of the conversation. Using unpaired phone or bluetooth headsets like Jabra is the only way i can make calls from my car.
So:
The question is, if there is a way to use phone's noise cancelling feature (third party apps?) for the calls while paired via bluetooth with my car's Hands Free? Can my phone process sound from my car's mic?

thought about maybe getting a bluetooth headset?

KateAmine

Apr 30, 2014
Very Clever! Thank You!

My next question is: how can I pair 2 bluetooth devices to my phone at the same time, so I can make calls on the BT headset and listen to the music from phone on my car audio without switching between them...

KateAmine

Apr 30, 2014
Just to clarify...

I meant connected. I know I can pair multiple devices with one phone, but there can be only one active connection at a time, am I right?