FORUMS

[Q] HOW TO: change the folder/storage of viber (received) images

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By phraensys, Junior Member on 2nd September 2014, 03:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
the current/default config of viber for its received images is
/sdcard/viber/media/viber images

im not an android expert, but i learned that "to hide" a folder, we simply put a period/dot (.) before it
so if we want to hide photos folder from the gallery, we simply rename the folder into .photos
and the contents of the .photos folder would no longer be displayed on the gallery

however, i dont wanna rename the /sdcard/viber/media/viber images folder because i'm 99.9% sure, there would be conflict with viber settings

question:
how do i change the received files folder of viber so that i can direct its download/storage to .whatever folder?

11th September 2014, 09:02 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
just wanna follow-up..
4th July 2015, 11:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
You can add an empty .nomedia file to any folder you want to hide from image apps. Every good image app will respect this and will not show images in such folders ...
5th July 2015, 01:16 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom85

You can add an empty .nomedia file to any folder you want to hide from image apps. Every good image app will respect this and will not show images in such folders ...

genius! it indeed hide the images inside the said folder
but i have another prob..
when i wanted to "show" the image files again, when i deleted the .nomedia file
still the images are not displayed
it has become irreversible
how do i revert the process?
huhuhu
5th July 2015, 07:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
You probably have to kill the image app (or maybe clear it's cache) and restart it. It depends on the image app, but it of course can cache data...

QuickPic is good and has an entry in the menu to hide and unhide folders and to show hidden folders as well... hiding a folder in there does just add and delete such a .nomedia file
Last edited by prom85; 5th July 2015 at 08:36 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread