Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I want to build CyanogenMod 10 for my Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 myself. Help!

Tip us?

patraanjan23
Old
(Last edited by patraanjan23; 30th August 2013 at 02:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] I want to build CyanogenMod 10 for my Samsung Galaxy Chat B5330 myself. Help!

Okay so I've bought a samsung galaxy chat B5330 device back in feb'2013. Don't ask me why cause I conciously bought it. So I realised after searching for 6 months that there is no interest of developers in this device. so I have taken up the initiative to 1) Build CM 10, 2) Port CWM, 3) Root the device myself. However I don't have much idea about building android. I've rooted and flashed Custom recovery n ROMs to my dad's phone before and I'm a geek so I learn things quickly about computers n phones. So I'm nor a complete newbie neither a Master developer. Therefore I need help of those devlopers who will be kind enough not to discourage me. Anyone can root a device which is more popular because it gets vulnarable too quickly so there is no point in telling me that "you should have bought a device which has developer support". I am interested to be a developer myself n that challenge is really so tempting to me. So here are my questions which I don't have exact idea about.
1) I have a computer of the config -> AMD fx 6100 hexacore buldozer 3.3 GHz/4 GB RAM/500 GB HDD/Windows7(32) & Ubnuntu 13.04(64). Can I do the job of building roms from the source with this config in the first place?
2) Does galaxy chat B5330 support 'fastboot'? if yes then How can I boot into fastboot mode? I've tried with adb 'reboot-bootloader' but the device just restarted normally. So I don't know How can I get into the fastboot mode?
3) CM developers are really kind enough that they have put alot effort into making the wiki. I've got precious informations about building android from source and all. But I have a confusion. There was mentioned fastboot is necessery for building CM. So if my phone does not have fastboot should it mean that I can't build CM for my device at all?
4) How much data do I have to download? Do I need to be connected to the internet always while editing local file? n If I use 'repo sync' to update the code always won't my editings get overwritten by stock code again?
so these are few basic questions I have for now. I know I might not get any response at all. But there's no harm in trying. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to patraanjan23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

patraanjan23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Smile Update1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchoabc View Post
Okay so I've bought a samsung galaxy chat B5330 device back in feb'2013. Don't ask me why cause I conciously bought it. So I realised after searching for 6 months that there is no interest of developers in this device. so I have taken up the initiative to 1) Build CM 10, 2) Port CWM, 3) Root the device myself. However I don't have much idea about building android. I've rooted and flashed Custom recovery n ROMs to my dad's phone before and I'm a geek so I learn things quickly about computers n phones. So I'm nor a complete newbie neither a Master developer. Therefore I need help of those devlopers who will be kind enough not to discourage me. Anyone can root a device which is more popular because it gets vulnarable too quickly so there is no point in telling me that "you should have bought a device which has developer support". I am interested to be a developer myself n that challenge is really so tempting to me. So here are my questions which I don't have exact idea about.
1) I have a computer of the config -> AMD fx 6100 hexacore buldozer 3.3 GHz/4 GB RAM/500 GB HDD/Windows7(32) & Ubnuntu 13.04(64). Can I do the job of building roms from the source with this config in the first place?
2) Does galaxy chat B5330 support 'fastboot'? if yes then How can I boot into fastboot mode? I've tried with adb 'reboot-bootloader' but the device just restarted normally. So I don't know How can I get into the fastboot mode?
3) CM developers are really kind enough that they have put alot effort into making the wiki. I've got precious informations about building android from source and all. But I have a confusion. There was mentioned fastboot is necessery for building CM. So if my phone does not have fastboot should it mean that I can't build CM for my device at all?
4) How much data do I have to download? Do I need to be connected to the internet always while editing local file? n If I use 'repo sync' to update the code always won't my editings get overwritten by stock code again?
so these are few basic questions I have for now. I know I might not get any response at all. But there's no harm in trying. thanks
I have acquired the source code for my device from samsung. Now I just need to port the board configs to the CM10 source.
The Following User Says Thank You to patraanjan23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sarkarraj
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I have acquired the source code for my device from samsung. Now I just need to port the board configs to the CM10 source.
nce going man

Niral.DMello
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
How did you manage to do that? You wrote to them and they gave it? If thats the case you must have some special powers. I'm impressed.

DeRival
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Tutorial "Devs Not Interested...."

I don't know whether some people are still talking about this device.
I thought everybody started throwing it and getting his newer one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niral.DMello View Post
How did you manage to do that? You wrote to them and they gave it? If thats the case you must have some special powers. I'm impressed.
If I were not wrong, you could get the source from ://opensource.s*msung.com (*can't post yet )

My Bad English....

Niral.DMello
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niral.DMello View Post
Thanks but too late i guess, It was a friend's phone and he has dumped it. :P

steeven-javier
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile excellent

: Bueno:: Bueno: wouldnt see anything wrong in my galaxy cm10 ch @ t gt-B5330 : Bueno:: Bueno:

patraanjan23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Wink I've got a working CWM. Looking forward to porting a newer version.

I've got my hands on a working cwm (somehow it did) for b5330. Now looking forward to porting CWM 6 from cm source. I just have too slow bandwidth for cm source syncing. So let's see how it goes.

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've got my hands on a working cwm (somehow it did) for b5330. Now looking forward to porting CWM 6 from cm source. I just have too slow bandwidth for cm source syncing. So let's see how it goes.
I really hope you succeed and make it working! Good luck mate!
Device: Sony Xperia SP
Rom: CM11M Official + Root + Bootloader Unlocked
Pressing the " " is the only good type of spam

patraanjan23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing View Post
I really hope you succeed and make it working! Good luck mate!
Can you give me some directions? I'm trying my best to learn it.

Sent from my GT-B5330 using xda app-developers app