Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 44,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 3 with blacklisted IMEI

Tip us?

Irfdiddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Galaxy Note 3 with blacklisted IMEI

So I recently purchased a Galaxy Note 3 from kijiji in Canada. Its the SM-N900W8. It was sealed when I bought it and the phone worked for a few days and is now blacklisted. I went to a samsung service center and they said that they can't do anything and my carrier Rogers said the same thing. Is there anything I could do? And is it blacklisted in only my country? Amd is there any way I could somehow change the imei or something? Is there anywhere someone can guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

mrishantsharma01
Old
Thanks Meter 4
That's why I convince people to check the IMEI of the phone before buying. Now the only option you have is pay to unlock it and sell it internationally.

Irfdiddy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I could sell it internationally but I was wondering if the phone will be blacklisted there. Its been blacklisted with the CWTA in partnership with GSMA. So what carriers would it work with. I was thinking about selling it in Tanzania but am not sure if it will work there. Called the police and also the carrier and both said nothing can be done. Also called samsung and got the same response. Thanks for the help much appreciated. Also can I just buy a new motherboard and change it from the existing one? And where would I get this new motherboard?

Nick94928
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink There is one othe way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfdiddy View Post
I could sell it internationally but I was wondering if the phone will be blacklisted there. Its been blacklisted with the CWTA in partnership with GSMA. So what carriers would it work with. I was thinking about selling it in Tanzania but am not sure if it will work there. Called the police and also the carrier and both said nothing can be done. Also called samsung and got the same response. Thanks for the help much appreciated. Also can I just buy a new motherboard and change it from the existing one? And where would I get this new motherboard?

There is actually one other way, but it is not cheap. This is more for the people that will follow this after Irfdiddy as his question was posted so long ago, but you can replace the mainboard in the phone with one that has a good IMEI, they can be found on ebay...if at all. Sadly, that is where Irfdiddy got ripped off...