Should You Get Wear? Wearer’s Practical Observations

Wear is said to not offer enough for mass adoption, even though its been in … more

SlimRoms: Updates on the Horizon

SlimRoms’ website has been experiencing technical difficulties for the last month or so, but … more

Your Favorite Wireless Charger?

Wireless charging is becoming more and more common as many OEMs are now starting to include this feature … more

ASUS US Invites Developers at XDA to Special Event

ASUS has built a solid name over the years for their computer components, but in the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] HTC one m7 always boots in recovery mode

31st August 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I tried to install the android revolution hd one 71.1 on my phone and it went out good so far into the installation but after the installation, i rebooted my phone and it went to a boot logo then went to the TWRP recovery mode. i tried deleting the cache and doing a reset but nothing is happening. please help me.
5th March 2015, 06:01 PM   |  #2  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickgrantm

I tried to install the android revolution hd one 71.1 on my phone and it went out good so far into the installation but after the installation, i rebooted my phone and it went to a boot logo then went to the TWRP recovery mode. i tried deleting the cache and doing a reset but nothing is happening. please help me.

Having the same problem. The phone only reboots into twrp recovery mode, yet shows no errors when re-flashing device with most recent version of sense ui.

I'd really like to be able to use my phone.
5th March 2015, 07:06 PM   |  #3  
Flag Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 807

2,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeratthegate

Having the same problem. The phone only reboots into twrp recovery mode, yet shows no errors when re-flashing device with most recent version of sense ui.

I'd really like to be able to use my phone.

Flash latest stock RUU. Once phone is fixed you can go for a custom rom again
6th March 2015, 05:01 AM   |  #4  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Flash latest stock RUU. Once phone is fixed you can go for a custom rom again

I tried that. My computer is no longer recognizing the device at all. I thought I was making progress through the first part of the day, but for some reason, usb recognition seems to fluctuate.

I'm normally pretty alright working with this type of thing, but this phone has me completely baffled.
6th March 2015, 01:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Lübeck

2,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:

I tried that. My computer is no longer recognizing the device at all. I thought I was making progress through the first part of the day, but for some reason, usb recognition seems to fluctuate.

I'm normally pretty alright working with this type of thing, but this phone has me completely baffled.

Really weird. So you have no chance to get into fastboot mode, not even by selection reboot to bootloader in twrp?!
7th March 2015, 04:09 AM   |  #6  

4 posts
Quote:

Really weird. So you have no chance to get into fastboot mode, not even by selection reboot to bootloader in twrp?!

I supposed I should have been more clear. Fastboot will work, but all of the adb commands fail as the "device not found". I have tried restarting everything multiple times, updated all of the drivers, deleted the drivers, re-installed them, and while it makes the chime noise when I plug the phone in, all I can do is look at it in device manager. I'm running windows 8.1 and twrp 2.8.5.0, by the way.
7th March 2015, 04:16 AM   |  #7  
Flag Lübeck

2,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:

I supposed I should have been more clear. Fastboot will work, but all of the adb commands fail as the "device not found". I have tried restarting everything multiple times, updated all of the drivers, deleted the drivers, re-installed them, and while it makes the chime noise when I plug the phone in, all I can do is look at it in device manager. I'm running windows 8.1 and twrp 2.8.5.0, by the way.

RUU flashing is fastboot based I suppose. So you won't need adb at all.
7th March 2015, 04:31 AM   |  #8  

4 posts
Quote:

RUU flashing is fastboot based I suppose. So you won't need adb at all.

Wait, what? I can flash images like twrp to my phone via fastboot, but the only ruu's I've found either have executable wizard files, or are self extracting. How can I flash a rom or update utility using fastboot?
7th March 2015, 04:33 AM   |  #9  
Flag Lübeck

2,585 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sign
Quote:

Wait, what? I can flash images like twrp to my phone via fastboot, but the only ruu's I've found either have executable wizard files, or are self extracting. How can I flash a rom or update utility using fastboot?

Connect phone in fastboot mode, run RUU, click next plenty of times, and done

If your phone is S-ON, flash stock recovery first and relock the bootloader before running the RUU

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread