Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Warranty (Stupid) Question

Tip us?

Mr.Sanju
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Info 2 HTC Warranty (Stupid) Question

Hello all,
I gave my phone for my warranty repair. And forgot all about the S-oFF and custom rom deal (I know that was stupid) as I have been off the updates and XDA for my htc one for last 6-7 months. They returned the phone stating that the motherboard had been tempered etc etc..
So my question is if I flash to stock and lock bootloader and S-On and give it back to the HTC Centre for repairs, would they honor my warranty or they are keeping track of the unlocked and S-off devices?

Anyone else gone through this?
HTC ONE - S-Off- ARHD 21.0

Nokia Lumia 800 - Windows 7.8 - Broken R.I.P

[B]Galaxy Ace - SOLD

Micromax A110 - Drained in the Rains

------------------
SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE DEVELOPERS... YOU ALL MAKE THE USAGE OF PHONES MORE INTERESTING...

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sanju View Post
Hello all,
I gave my phone for my warranty repair. And forgot all about the S-oFF and custom rom deal (I know that was stupid) as I have been off the updates and XDA for my htc one for last 6-7 months. They returned the phone stating that the motherboard had been tempered etc etc..
So my question is if I flash to stock and lock bootloader and S-On and give it back to the HTC Centre for repairs, would they honor my warranty or they are keeping track of the unlocked and S-off devices?

Anyone else gone through this?
i would think that most companies have to keep a record of any device that is sent in, if for no other reason than to track the work being performed on a daily basis.
considering all they did was return it marked modified, i would return it to stock and send it back. seem like the worst that would happen is they return it again unfixed.

jmo
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
To insure i see your reply, always QUOTE me or use @bweN diorD Thanks