Unhappy [Q] Verizon Ellipsis QMV7A

OP essenceofveles

2nd July 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I received a Verizon Ellipsis 7 QMV7A and am interested in rooting. I have tried both Framaroot and Kingo with no success. It seems others have had luck, and I don't know why I cannot root my device using these methods. Does anyone have an answer on how to root this device? Thank you.
2nd July 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 228

840 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by essenceofveles

I received a Verizon Ellipsis 7 QMV7A and am interested in rooting. I have tried both Framaroot and Kingo with no success. It seems others have had luck, and I don't know why I cannot root my device using these methods. Does anyone have an answer on how to root this device? Thank you.

Try Towelroot. Make sure you've allowed apps from unknown sources, and Download SuperSU and RootChecker (from Play Store), then download the Towelroot app from http://towelroot.com/ (click the lambda symbol) to your device, install (ignore the warnings and bypass antivirus), then open SuperSU. If it lets you install/update the binaries, it has worked and RootChecker should verify it.

Let us know if it works, and don't worry, even if it doesn't, it won't cause any harm whatsoever to your device.
2nd July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

Try Towelroot. Make sure you've allowed apps from unknown sources, and Download SuperSU and RootChecker (from Play Store), then download the Towelroot app from http://towelroot.com/ (click the lambda symbol) to your device, install (ignore the warnings and bypass antivirus), then open SuperSU. If it lets you install/update the binaries, it has worked and RootChecker should verify it.

Let us know if it works, and don't worry, even if it doesn't, it won't cause any harm whatsoever to your device.

Thanks for you're response! I did try that as well with no success. Worked well on my Galaxy S5. It's so frustrating knowing that in other forums, no one else seems to have any issues. Thanks for posting.
2nd July 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 228

840 posts
More
I see you've already read through this thread, and it looks like nobody's figured it out yet.

What happened/didn't happen with Towelroot?

I did some digging, and it seems that the Ellipsis has a MediaTek processor.

http://developer.verizon.com/content...llipsis_7.html

I don't know much about MT processors, but I've gathered that there are some MT-specific methods for rooting these devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread