5,815,179 Members 38,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compiling Bochs for android

Tip us?

Dasher1
Old
(Last edited by Dasher1; 18th September 2013 at 07:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Compiling Bochs for android

HI guys! I need help with compiling Bochs for android, Bochs is a virtual machine that emulates diffrent Operating systems on android such as windows 98,XP and many others!

Korv2003 compiled bochs 2.5.1 for android back in 2008 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1389700
but no one has compiled it since then and we are not getting any new versions out. Me and alot more would be extremely glad if someone that knows how to compile these files could compile the new Bochs versions 2.6.1 and beyond, for android!
The newer versions are both faster and have more features! So please anyone that knows how to do this help out !
The Following User Says Thank You to Dasher1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mascondante
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher1 View Post
HI guys! I need help with compiling Bochs for android, Bochs is a virtual machine that emulates diffrent Operating systems on android such as windows 98,XP and many others!

Korv2003 compiled bochs 2.5.1 for android back in 2008 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1389700
but no one has compiled it since then and we are not getting any new versions out. Me and alot more would be extremely glad if someone that knows how to compile these files could compile the new Bochs versions 2.6.1 and beyond, for android!
The newer versions are both faster and have more features! So please anyone that knows how to do this help out !
Bump

deimi1985
Old
Thanks Meter 0
it seems that no one is interested in this project. i'd love to see any new version because the 2.5.1 out there is really out of date and slow as hell. i've read that newer versions are speed up to 50%. i can't understand why no1 tries to port version 2.6.6 to android.
My Phones:
[Optimus Speed 2X @ 1.5 Ghz | CyanogenMod 10.1 | Android 4.2.2 | Kowalski Kernel]
[Lenovo K900 @ 2.0 Ghz | 727 rooted Firmware | Android 4.2.1]

mascondante
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by deimi1985 View Post
it seems that no one is interested in this project. i'd love to see any new version because the 2.5.1 out there is really out of date and slow as hell. i've read that newer versions are speed up to 50%. i can't understand why no1 tries to port version 2.6.6 to android.
I can take a crack at it. I'm not a pro at porting apps. I just recently learned how so don't hold your breath. I will give it the ol' college try though