[Q] Internal phone memory

OP Kobro

2nd July 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 76

484 posts
More
i know there are a lot of similar issues people have asked about, but i cant find anything, either on xda or google.
i ordered my phone from b&h. the site info on my phone says 8 gb of internal memory. so does the receipt. but in the phone itself, there are only 4 gb! both the apps and the file storage share 4 gb, not 4 for each! i used es file explorer's analyze sd option, shows only 4gb.in app manager in settings, it shows only 900 mb free (out of 4gb), with only 10-20 small apps installed, so i went into files and deleted some big files, (movies, videos, etc.) and then i go back into app manager, and now voila! there are 2.5 gb available!
that seems to show that there are only 4 gb available, and have to be shared between files storage, and applications. so where did the 4 gb, go, or is the phone i was sent not the one i ordered????
2nd July 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 102

137 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

i know there are a lot of similar issues people have asked about, but i cant find anything, either on xda or google.
i ordered my phone from b&h. the site info on my phone says 8 gb of internal memory. so does the receipt. but in the phone itself, there are only 4 gb! both the apps and the file storage share 4 gb, not 4 for each! i used es file explorer's analyze sd option, shows only 4gb.in app manager in settings, it shows only 900 mb free (out of 4gb), with only 10-20 small apps installed, so i went into files and deleted some big files, (movies, videos, etc.) and then i go back into app manager, and now voila! there are 2.5 gb available!
that seems to show that there are only 4 gb available, and have to be shared between files storage, and applications. so where did the 4 gb, go, or is the phone i was sent not the one i ordered????

do you count cache and davilk cache part ?
2nd July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 76

484 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lo0sh

do you count cache and davilk cache part ?

cach i just cleraed, its 14 mb, where is dalvik cache to check?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread