FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Lava Iris X8

24th April 2015, 07:35 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hello All

I am trying hard to find a CWM or TWRP image for Lava Iris X8, it is a relatively new phone, been in the market for around 3-4 months now. I even tried using the EasyMagic TWRP but unsuccessful. I tried "Read back" from SPFT and it stopped in the middle of the process with some error.

I see no threads in xda on a TWRP or CWM link for this phone, would one of the devs be kind enough to make a TWRP or CWM for our phone. It appears like X8 is an orphaned child

24th April 2015, 03:07 PM |#2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakalyan

Hello All

I am trying hard to find a CWM or TWRP image for Lava Iris X8, it is a relatively new phone, been in the market for around 3-4 months now. I even tried using the EasyMagic TWRP but unsuccessful. I tried "Read back" from SPFT and it stopped in the middle of the process with some error.

I see no threads in xda on a TWRP or CWM link for this phone, would one of the devs be kind enough to make a TWRP or CWM for our phone. It appears like X8 is an orphaned child

You can easily create a CWM recovery using this method: How to make CWM Recovery using MTK Tools

This can also help: Porting CWM to a New Device

If you find these difficult, you can try software like Kingoroot on your PC, or try Framaroot app on your phone.
25th April 2015, 06:29 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GokulNC

You can easily create a CWM recovery using this method: How to make CWM Recovery using MTK Tools

This can also help: Porting CWM to a New Device

If you find these difficult, you can try software like Kingoroot on your PC, or try Framaroot app on your phone.

Thanks a ton Gokul for replying. I've tried the methods you suggested though. Framaroot could not get the phone rooted, Kingroot did
Additionally, SPFT extracts a blank boot.img, on using it to make a cwm img in MTKDroid tools, the screen turns into a hazy pixellated pink when I boot into recovery.....trying hard so I can install VIPER4Android, and flash busybox.
25th April 2015, 06:40 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandakalyan

Thanks a ton Gokul for replying. I've tried the methods you suggested though. Framaroot could not get the phone rooted, Kingroot did
Additionally, SPFT extracts a blank boot.img, on using it to make a cwm img in MTKDroid tools, the screen turns into a hazy pixellated pink when I boot into recovery.....trying hard so I can install VIPER4Android, and flash busybox.

I think the issue is with boot length (am no dev, no basic idea in programming or coding either but just good at following guides)....the guides I see everywhere talk about a length in numbers....like 0X0060000 or 0X0080000 etc, but the scatter file says this for X8:

partition_name: BOOTIMG
file_name: boot.img
is_download: true
type: NORMAL_ROM
linear_start_addr: 0x1DA0000
physical_start_addr: 0x1DA0000
partition_size: 0xA00000
14th May 2015, 11:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
helo
Hello...

have you solved your problem??

I recently built CWM Recovery for my Lava X8
This tutorial from "theandroidhow" website titled "How to make flash CWM Recovery" worked for me..

But the problem is that the recovery is automatically replaced by system after first boot via
/system/recovery-from-boot.p

So need Root to just rename that file and prevent it from running...

I am trying to root but failed...
Tried framaroot, srsroot but did not work..

can you plz help ???
How did you root your device?
17th May 2015, 06:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up Rooted successfully
update

Rooted my Lava X8 successfully using kingoroot

but after reading many thread about this app being suspecious ...

I just installed SuperSU by the great Chainfire...
and removed kingouser and kingoroot apps installed on phone during root...

Also renamed the system/recovery-from-boot.p so that CWM recovery stays...

Right now everything loooks good...

waiting to get lollipop on this.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread