FORUMS

[Q]Getting Sim Toolkit (STK) to work on Custom ROM

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By gramware, Member on 7th April 2013, 12:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Quote:

Hi, I am using ShenDu Custom DEV ROM on my Huawei U8860 (4.1.2-130329-DEV) and it doesn't come with Sim Toolkit.

I created a custom Zip that contains Stk.apk from another ROM, and flashed it. It flashes with no error, sets permission right but SimTookit app does not run. It is not in my list of apps or even running apps. find my signed ZIP attached.

Where could I have messed? P.S. I'm a noob

Solved the above thanks to this post by djnmcz.

You need to prepare a flashable zip with Stk.apk from similar ROM to yours, eg A ICS/Jellybean STK if you ROM is based on the same . Then extract the manifest (CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF) from the META-INF of your current ROM (ROM your phone is running on) and replace the same files in your flashable zip. You can then flash the zip from CWMR. No need to sign the apk or zip. The rule here is that for Stk.apk to work, it has to have the same manifest as your phone.apk. No idea what happens if you replace phone.apk alongside Stk.apk instead in a zip.

Attached is my zip, you can use the update script, but remember to change the Stk.apk and especially the Manifest file.

ATTACHMENT
Last edited by gramware; 7th April 2013 at 06:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gramware For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd July 2013, 03:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Stk sim tool kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramware

Solved the above thanks to this post by djnmcz.

You need to prepare a flashable zip with Stk.apk from similar ROM to yours, eg A ICS/Jellybean STK if you ROM is based on the same . Then extract the manifest (CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF) from the META-INF of your current ROM (ROM your phone is running on) and replace the same files in your flashable zip. You can then flash the zip from CWMR. No need to sign the apk or zip. The rule here is that for Stk.apk to work, it has to have the same manifest as your phone.apk. No idea what happens if you replace phone.apk alongside Stk.apk instead in a zip.

Attached is my zip, you can use the update script, but remember to change the Stk.apk and especially the Manifest file.

ATTACHMENT

I'm running a custom rom on my HTC One X+. Your solution makes sense but I' not clear. Do I need the manifest from the original ROM? I see the stk.apk that came with the custom rom and the manifest. What do I replace? How do I make a flashable zip?

Sorry - noobie.
22nd July 2013, 09:18 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe10s

I'm running a custom rom on my HTC One X+. Your solution makes sense but I' not clear. Do I need the manifest from the original ROM? I see the stk.apk that came with the custom rom and the manifest. What do I replace? How do I make a flashable zip?

Sorry - noobie.

No , you need the manifest from the ROM that you want to flash the STK to. If it came with the ROM, it should probably work?
23rd July 2013, 01:58 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

No , you need the manifest from the ROM that you want to flash the STK to. If it came with the ROM, it should probably work?

Thanks. Flashed successfully. But SIM Toolkit is still not appearing as an app. ??
23rd July 2013, 03:32 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Thanks. Flashed successfully. But SIM Toolkit is still not appearing as an app. ??

You can extract this zip, then replace the STK with one from your phone model, but you have to replace the manifest files - (CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF) from the META-INF folder of the ROM your phone is on (the one without toolkit). Zip the folder again, then reboot phone and flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1365355542
23rd July 2013, 06:59 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

You can extract this zip, then replace the STK with one from your phone model, but you have to replace the manifest files - (CERT.RSA, CERT.SF, MANIFEST.MF) from the META-INF folder of the ROM your phone is on (the one without toolkit). Zip the folder again, then reboot phone and flash http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1365355542

HTC One X+ AT&T
Custom ROM: Elegancia 5.3

ROM included STK.apk but SIM Toolkit is not visible as APP. I followed the instructions and created a flashable zip using the STK from Elegancia ROM, and the manifest files from this ROM. I was successful in flashing ZIP using TWRP recovery. Skipped MD5 files checking.

STK.APK can be found in system/app folder but SIM Toolkit is not visible in app drawer. I can find SIM Toolkit in Settings / Applications, but the app is checked as DISABLED and cannot be unchecked. This was the same behavior after I flashed the customer ROM.

I deleted the STK.apk from the system/app folder and flashed the zip file again. The STK flashed successfully and I can find it in the system/app folder but the behavior is still the same. SIM Toolkit is not visible.

Not sure what I did wrong?
31st July 2013, 06:17 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

HTC One X+ AT&T
Custom ROM: Elegancia 5.3

ROM included STK.apk but SIM Toolkit is not visible as APP. I followed the instructions and created a flashable zip using the STK from Elegancia ROM, and the manifest files from this ROM. I was successful in flashing ZIP using TWRP recovery. Skipped MD5 files checking.

STK.APK can be found in system/app folder but SIM Toolkit is not visible in app drawer. I can find SIM Toolkit in Settings / Applications, but the app is checked as DISABLED and cannot be unchecked. This was the same behavior after I flashed the customer ROM.

I deleted the STK.apk from the system/app folder and flashed the zip file again. The STK flashed successfully and I can find it in the system/app folder but the behavior is still the same. SIM Toolkit is not visible.

Not sure what I did wrong?

Hi, did you ever get sorted? If not, you can attach your ROM and STK I see if I can compile a working solution.
20th September 2013, 07:19 PM |#8  
Flag Tunis
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I also need to get STK work on my SlimRom 4.3 for Samsung GT-I9100G Galaxy S2
Quote:

Hi, did you ever get sorted? If not, you can attach your ROM and STK I see if I can compile a working solution.

Hi

First, I do apologize, I am a newbie and I cannot post links.

I have the same issue. I am using the latest SlimRom 4.3 for my Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G

When I browse my apps with Link2SD for example, I see there is a SIM Toolkit com.android.stk version 4.3-910. See screenshot Screenshot_2013-09-20-18-55-27.jpg attached.

But the STK does not appear among the Apps.

I need to use the APP because I have bought from Magic-Sim an adapter, supposedly designed for GS2s, to run 2 Sims: MAGICSIM ELITE - NO CUT A DUAL SIM ADAPTER

In order to switch from Sim to Sim, I need to access the STK app.

MagicSim told me to Dial 007 from my phone and that would enable me to switch then from Sim 1 to Sim 2 just by dialing 001 or 002.

It does not work.

They also told me to save 007 on my local phone and to call it. It does not work as well.

So, is there a way of changing my STK?

I tried to install the latest version found in Aptoide: 5.1.2316262366.589212.571364, but it cannot install, on the grounds thre is another package with the same name but with a different signature.

Now, I know that my phone has detected 2 Sims. I am attaching a screenshot showing that the phone is detecting my Orange Sim as Sim-1 (which was not the case before installing the dual sim adapter).

I would be extremely grateful if I could get STK app or menu work on my phone.

All the best,

Chawki
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-20-18-55-27.jpg
Views:	1434
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	2270934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-20-18-55-52.jpg
Views:	1240
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2270935  
21st September 2013, 07:16 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawki HTC 7 Pro

Hi

First, I do apologize, I am a newbie and I cannot post links.

I have the same issue. I am using the latest SlimRom 4.3 for my Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G

When I browse my apps with Link2SD for example, I see there is a SIM Toolkit com.android.stk version 4.3-910. See screenshot Screenshot_2013-09-20-18-55-27.jpg attached.

But the STK does not appear among the Apps.

I need to use the APP because I have bought from Magic-Sim an adapter, supposedly designed for GS2s, to run 2 Sims: MAGICSIM ELITE - NO CUT A DUAL SIM ADAPTER

In order to switch from Sim to Sim, I need to access the STK app.

MagicSim told me to Dial 007 from my phone and that would enable me to switch then from Sim 1 to Sim 2 just by dialing 001 or 002.

It does not work.

They also told me to save 007 on my local phone and to call it. It does not work as well.

So, is there a way of changing my STK?

I tried to install the latest version found in Aptoide: 5.1.2316262366.589212.571364, but it cannot install, on the grounds thre is another package with the same name but with a different signature.

Now, I know that my phone has detected 2 Sims. I am attaching a screenshot showing that the phone is detecting my Orange Sim as Sim-1 (which was not the case before installing the dual sim adapter).

I would be extremely grateful if I could get STK app or menu work on my phone.

All the best,

Chawki

What happens if you insert a SIM without the dual SIM thing, is it recognised? Did you flash your phone with a custom ROM before this started happening?
22nd September 2013, 03:05 PM |#10  
Flag Tunis
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sim works OK, just the STK I cannot access
Quote:

What happens if you insert a SIM without the dual SIM thing, is it recognised? Did you flash your phone with a custom ROM before this started happening?

Thanks for yhe reply. The Sim is OK, it works. The isse, I cannot access the STK menu.

Do you know any nice, pretty 4.3 Rom including STK for my I9100G that I could use. Most of the Roms I have checked do not contain STK (SlimBean, Cyanogenmod...)

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
simtoolkit, stk, u8860
Previous Thread Next Thread