[Q] can you list reasons tablets wont boot?

Search This thread

jeremyb234

Aug 17, 2014
Hi, I am new to this, but I am learning fast. I have a RCA tablet (rct6378w2) that will not boot. It powers on, but hangs on the RCA splashscreen. I am able to access the recovery system. Wiping the cache and factory reset doesnt seem to fix the problem. Because the tablet powers on and the screen works okay, I feel like there is still hope for the device. I was wondering if someone could list all of the common reasons why a tablet will power on, but not boot into android. Extra credit if you can tell me which possible problems are fixable and which ones are not. Thanks!

TechMinerUK

Jun 8, 2013
www.techmineruk.net
Hi, I am new to this, but I am learning fast. I have a RCA tablet (rct6378w2) that will not boot. It powers on, but hangs on the RCA splashscreen. I am able to access the recovery system. Wiping the cache and factory reset doesnt seem to fix the problem. Because the tablet powers on and the screen works okay, I feel like there is still hope for the device. I was wondering if someone could list all of the common reasons why a tablet will power on, but not boot into android. Extra credit if you can tell me which possible problems are fixable and which ones are not. Thanks!

1. ROM is wrong for the tablet
2. Tablet has no ROM installed

These are the issues possible for you as you say you wiped and factory reset the tablet but did you re-install the ROM afterwards ?

jeremyb234

Aug 17, 2014
1. ROM is wrong for the tablet
2. Tablet has no ROM installed

These are the issues possible for you as you say you wiped and factory reset the tablet but did you re-install the ROM afterwards ?

Thanks for the response. Well, to give clarity as to when the problem began, this is what happened. I was doing normal things on my tablet, and it seemed to lag really bad. As I tried to press the home button once or twice, I saw some strange lines on the screen as it faded (kind of like when a battery dies). Then the device restarted and hung on boot. After rebooting a few times, I then tried to wipe the cache with no success. After this, I did the factory reset. I know that it cannot be the wrong ROM, but I wonder if somehow the files were corrupted or if the storage unit could have failed. Anyways, according to various instructions I have seen online, I thought that doing the factory reset would restore the original factory rom image? Am I incorrect?

TechMinerUK

Jun 8, 2013
www.techmineruk.net
Thanks for the response. Well, to give clarity as to when the problem began, this is what happened. I was doing normal things on my tablet, and it seemed to lag really bad. As I tried to press the home button once or twice, I saw some strange lines on the screen as it faded (kind of like when a battery dies). Then the device restarted and hung on boot. After rebooting a few times, I then tried to wipe the cache with no success. After this, I did the factory reset. I know that it cannot be the wrong ROM, but I wonder if somehow the files were corrupted or if the storage unit could have failed. Anyways, according to various instructions I have seen online, I thought that doing the factory reset would restore the original factory rom image? Am I incorrect?

Depends, if it's a custom recovery it could wipe everything

jeremyb234

Aug 17, 2014
Depends, if it's a custom recovery it could wipe everything

Thanks for the response. I have only used the regular stock recovery that is preloaded on the device (I think it's called Android System Recovery 3e. To my knowledge, I don't believe there are any working custom recoveries for this device. It seems that doing the factory reset is normally the way to go to fix OS issues on this device. However, when the factory reset process is successful (as far as going through the process is concerned), but it does not fix the issue, it makes me wonder if the factory recovery image is corrupt or something. Any ideas? Also, if the device turns on and I can navigate through the recovery options and even use ADB, do you think the hardware is still good? If so, then it would be a software/firmware problem... right?

I would simply like to get the device working. I don't care whether its a stock recovery or custom recovery, stock rom or custom Rom. I just want to use the device again and not have to throw it in the garbage. Do you have any ideas how I can get it going?

One other thing, I just don't understand why it's so difficult to restore a tablet. A PC is ultra easy to fix by using a self-booting recovery disk or a live linux iso. Perhaps someone can explain to me why it seems to be impossible to find a working rom anywhere for this device.

TechMinerUK

Jun 8, 2013
www.techmineruk.net
Thanks for the response. I have only used the regular stock recovery that is preloaded on the device (I think it's called Android System Recovery 3e. To my knowledge, I don't believe there are any working custom recoveries for this device. It seems that doing the factory reset is normally the way to go to fix OS issues on this device. However, when the factory reset process is successful (as far as going through the process is concerned), but it does not fix the issue, it makes me wonder if the factory recovery image is corrupt or something. Any ideas? Also, if the device turns on and I can navigate through the recovery options and even use ADB, do you think the hardware is still good? If so, then it would be a software/firmware problem... right?

I would simply like to get the device working. I don't care whether its a stock recovery or custom recovery, stock rom or custom Rom. I just want to use the device again and not have to throw it in the garbage. Do you have any ideas how I can get it going?

One other thing, I just don't understand why it's so difficult to restore a tablet. A PC is ultra easy to fix by using a self-booting recovery disk or a live linux iso. Perhaps someone can explain to me why it seems to be impossible to find a working rom anywhere for this device.

Unfortunatley because it's not a common brand of tablet not many developers are working on creating ROMs for it