[Q] Locked Out

26th August 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello XDA forum! I am new here but I have enjoyed reading through many of the great posts you have available. I have a problem and I'm hoping you can help me. I'm learning quite a bit about the android OS and dabble in some minor tablet repairs but I still consider myself a noob, especially after reading some of the more technical posts! I have a couple of tablets here that are locked up after too many pattern attempts and I'd like to do a factory reset, but I just can't seem to get them into recovery mode. All the normal keystrokes yield no results. For example:

Tablet 1 is a 7" Noria by Chromo that identifies by my computer MID-X15. It's recognized in device manager as being installed with correct drivers. To the best of my knowledge USB debugging is not activated as I have tried both Multi Tools and platform-tools adb, while the device is not shown on either program. I have also tried numerous different key combinations from a powered-down state (vol - & vol + with power, just vol + and power, just vol - and power, and repeatedly pressing different combinations both at and before the manufacturer splash screen). The internet has proven to be less than helpful as I'm on my 3rd hour of forum surfing. I have never flashed a tablet before and I'm not precisely sure if can be done without USB debugging on or without being able to access the system. I am perfectly willing to purchase a TF card and attempt the process but there's not a ton of information about this relatively obscure little tablet.

Tablet 2 is a Klu by Kurtis. It is also a 7" tablet and I have the same problems with the USB debugging being off. On this device I can get into the screen with the android on his back with the red exclamation mark, but the recovery console never starts. Numerous hours of surfing and countless attempts at alternate keystrokes have also yielded no results.

If someone would be so kind as to offer a few suggestions or point me in the correct direction I would seriously appreciate it. Thank you so much!
27th August 2014, 12:27 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
(close to) 24 hour bump. Hopefully someone may have a suggestion for me. Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread