can you make Android show the year on text messages?

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
Just noticed that messages imported from my sim card have the year, but my Android ones don't. I don't see any settings to change it. I'm using stock ics messenger (at&t version).

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
If the year is not saved on Android storage you might be at a loss here. Have you tried saving them to SIM and reiporting to Android? I mean the ones without a year?

Not quite, but i have saved a couple to the sim card, and those couple I saved dont have the year on them either. So, I cant imagine saving them back to my android storage would change anything...

ETA: Im having another thought about this.. How does android distinguish one year from the other if you keep your device and texts for a long time?? I was just thinking about that today. I got a message today, and it made me think, what if i get a message from the same person on the same day next year? Would it end up being this wacky out of order mess at that point? even to click on the message and click properties, there is no year on the date. Im one to keep certain things because they were funny or whatever, but i dont want to end up with a garbled up mess in a years time. (well actually, i got the phone in march, so march/april/mayish will have a cuople of funny things i kept for sure.)

Last edited: