Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lenovo S400 alias S4 mini clone ROM

Tip us?
 
sandisxxx
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2009
Default [Q] Lenovo S400 alias S4 mini clone ROM

Hello I just got the 45USD Lenovo S400 phone, wich of course is not a Lenovo, it is a modified S4 mini clone with MT6582 CPU, Adreno 305, 256MB RAM. Antutu says rooted: YES. Recovery is in chinese .
Is there any chance to flash some custom ROM compatible with this hardware?
On the phone there is Chinabox logo and also ZBW-PS1 number.
Thank you for suggestions.(if any)
 
TechMinerUK
Old
#2  
TechMinerUK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 179
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandisxxx View Post
Hello I just got the 45USD Lenovo S400 phone, wich of course is not a Lenovo, it is a modified S4 mini clone with MT6582 CPU, Adreno 305, 256MB RAM. Antutu says rooted: YES. Recovery is in chinese .
Is there any chance to flash some custom ROM compatible with this hardware?
On the phone there is Chinabox logo and also ZBW-PS1 number.
Thank you for suggestions.(if any)
Your best bet would be to look at the hardware inside the phone as other "White box" smartphones may share the same hardware and have custom ROMS ready for them.

Unfortunatley this is the issue as their are so many variants of white box brands and not enough developers for them all

Hope I could help and good luck in the search for ROMS

ROM: Stock ROM (De-Odexed)
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"
The Following User Says Thank You to TechMinerUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sandisxxx
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMinerUK View Post
Your best bet would be to look at the hardware inside the phone as other "White box" smartphones may share the same hardware and have custom ROMS ready for them.

Unfortunatley this is the issue as their are so many variants of white box brands and not enough developers for them all

Hope I could help and good luck in the search for ROMS

I can disassemble that, there are 9 screws and it looks like it won't be a problem, when I do this, I will post pics here.
What should I focus for? I mean, the CPU is known, but what else should I focus for?
 
TechMinerUK
Old
#4  
TechMinerUK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 179
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandisxxx View Post
I can disassemble that, there are 9 screws and it looks like it won't be a problem, when I do this, I will post pics here.
What should I focus for? I mean, the CPU is known, but what else should I focus for?
No need to disassemble the phone, just download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wareinfo&hl=en

ROM: Stock ROM (De-Odexed)
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"
 
sandisxxx
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2009
Got that installed unfortunatelly I can't send the report by email, nor skype.
 
sandisxxx
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2009
Build ID: JDQ39
Fingerprint alps/e102_lca/e102_lca:4.2.2/JDQ39/1393584801:user/test-keys

CPU: ARMv7 rev3(v7l)
max freq.: 1001 MHz
Cores: 4
Instr.Sets: armeabi-v7a, armeabi
SIMD Instructions : NEON

Sensors:
KXTJ2-1009 3-axis Accelerometer
Vendor Kionix
Proximity Vendor MTK
Light Vendor MTK

RAM
System 217MB
JVM Max 96MB
Inmternal storage 183MB

Any suggestions?
Thank you.
 
sandisxxx
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hardware : MT6572 (MT6582 is Fake!)
Model : Lenovo Caiphone S400
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1
Build date UTC : 20140228-105537
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V1.P1, 2013/09/02 13:50
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (sw06@server3) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Fri Feb 28 18:53:00 CST 2014
 
Jammed_Death
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 74
Join Date: Apr 2011
ehy there, a friend brought to me this phone asking if there is a better rom (multilanguage and smooth). Any ideas? The stock sucks

Thread Tools
Display Modes