[Q] Moving apps and data from one device to another

OP Brian D

2nd July 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32

186 posts
More
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. I plan on changing my iPhone 3gs to an Android phone. Possibly a Moto G or something like that.

I would like to move all my apps and data from the SGT3 to the new device. Is that possible? The SGT3 has TWRP and I back it up before doing anything. Can I take that backup and load it on the new device (data and apps only)? Is this even possible?

Thanks
3rd July 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 326

957 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. I plan on changing my iPhone 3gs to an Android phone. Possibly a Moto G or something like that.

I would like to move all my apps and data from the SGT3 to the new device. Is that possible? The SGT3 has TWRP and I back it up before doing anything. Can I take that backup and load it on the new device (data and apps only)? Is this even possible?

Thanks

do a backup on SGT and then insert thatmem card,to that phone or any other ways. and then restore to it
3rd July 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca

186 posts
More
Thanks. The only problem is the phones I am looking at do not have external memory slots. But I was sure there wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as I keep it to the data and apps and nothing else.
3rd July 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 326

957 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D

Thanks. The only problem is the phones I am looking at do not have external memory slots. But I was sure there wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as I keep it to the data and apps and nothing else.

move file from one device to computer,and then from computer to another device
4th July 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, Ca

186 posts
More
Yeah, that would be the plan. But the issue was not how to get the files on the device, but whether there would be a compatibility issue. I am sure there won't be because even though there are different processors, it is the same OS. Just a different version so there might be some minor issues.

OK, thanks guys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread