Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,036 Members 52,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Music Players similar to stock Samsung one?

Tip us?
 
Freedomkai
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default [Q] Music Players similar to stock Samsung one?

Hi everyone, does anybody know of a music player that's similar to the stock Samsung Touchwiz one?

I'm looking for a music player that specifically has a widget like the Samsung TW one has, one that you can scroll thru your entire library/playlist contents on the home screen/lock screen WITHOUT needing to open the app itself.

I've tried looking for it on my own, but no luck, and I've tried ports of the stock Samsung TW music player but cannot push to system/app or install conventionally or flashing the zip. I think it has something to do with my phone not using TW anymore?

Does anybody know of any music player that has that kind of feature? Or better yet can link me to some kind of port of the TW app that would work on my phone and ROM? Thanks

I'm running Mahdi ROM 4.4.4 on a Samsung S4 i9505
 
Kobro
Old
#2  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 362
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Moshav Matityahu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomkai View Post
Hi everyone, does anybody know of a music player that's similar to the stock Samsung Touchwiz one?

I'm looking for a music player that specifically has a widget like the Samsung TW one has, one that you can scroll thru your entire library/playlist contents on the home screen/lock screen WITHOUT needing to open the app itself.

I've tried looking for it on my own, but no luck, and I've tried ports of the stock Samsung TW music player but cannot push to system/app or install conventionally or flashing the zip. I think it has something to do with my phone not using TW anymore?

Does anybody know of any music player that has that kind of feature? Or better yet can link me to some kind of port of the TW app that would work on my phone and ROM? Thanks

I'm running Mahdi ROM 4.4.4 on a Samsung S4 i9505
im pretty sure fusion music player has that widget, but the volume tends to be low, poweramp has a whole lot of widgets, also have you seen this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927524
als, there is a thredad i saw with some tw apps ported, maybe you will find music there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602303
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp
 
Freedomkai
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
im pretty sure fusion music player has that widget, but the volume tends to be low, poweramp has a whole lot of widgets, also have you seen this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927524
als, there is a thredad i saw with some tw apps ported, maybe you will find music there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602303
Thanks for the links Kobro but unfortunately fusion music player was not what I was looking for, that tw port thread doesnt have music ported, and that other thread I tried myself, with no luck
 
Kobro
Old
#4  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 362
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Moshav Matityahu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomkai View Post
Thanks for the links Kobro but unfortunately fusion music player was not what I was looking for, that tw port thread doesnt have music ported, and that other thread I tried myself, with no luck
Darn... How about poweramp? Tried that?
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp
 
Freedomkai
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
Darn... How about poweramp? Tried that?
Yeah tried that, great music player! ...Just not what I'm looking for in terms of the widget unfortunately...
 
Kobro
Old
#6  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 362
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Moshav Matityahu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomkai View Post
Yeah tried that, great music player! ...Just not what I'm looking for in terms of the widget unfortunately...
they have a widget pack try see if there are aany widgets you like there.
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp
Thread Tools
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

TWRP Now Available for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live

Over the past week or so, we’ve talkedquite a bit about the first … more

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more