Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Music Players similar to stock Samsung one?

17th July 2014, 10:23 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hi everyone, does anybody know of a music player that's similar to the stock Samsung Touchwiz one?

I'm looking for a music player that specifically has a widget like the Samsung TW one has, one that you can scroll thru your entire library/playlist contents on the home screen/lock screen WITHOUT needing to open the app itself.

I've tried looking for it on my own, but no luck, and I've tried ports of the stock Samsung TW music player but cannot push to system/app or install conventionally or flashing the zip. I think it has something to do with my phone not using TW anymore?

Does anybody know of any music player that has that kind of feature? Or better yet can link me to some kind of port of the TW app that would work on my phone and ROM? Thanks

I'm running Mahdi ROM 4.4.4 on a Samsung S4 i9505
 
 
17th July 2014, 10:38 AM |#2  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 82
 
519 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomkai

Hi everyone, does anybody know of a music player that's similar to the stock Samsung Touchwiz one?

I'm looking for a music player that specifically has a widget like the Samsung TW one has, one that you can scroll thru your entire library/playlist contents on the home screen/lock screen WITHOUT needing to open the app itself.

I've tried looking for it on my own, but no luck, and I've tried ports of the stock Samsung TW music player but cannot push to system/app or install conventionally or flashing the zip. I think it has something to do with my phone not using TW anymore?

Does anybody know of any music player that has that kind of feature? Or better yet can link me to some kind of port of the TW app that would work on my phone and ROM? Thanks

I'm running Mahdi ROM 4.4.4 on a Samsung S4 i9505

im pretty sure fusion music player has that widget, but the volume tends to be low, poweramp has a whole lot of widgets, also have you seen this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927524
als, there is a thredad i saw with some tw apps ported, maybe you will find music there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602303
18th July 2014, 07:41 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

im pretty sure fusion music player has that widget, but the volume tends to be low, poweramp has a whole lot of widgets, also have you seen this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=927524
als, there is a thredad i saw with some tw apps ported, maybe you will find music there.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602303

Thanks for the links Kobro but unfortunately fusion music player was not what I was looking for, that tw port thread doesnt have music ported, and that other thread I tried myself, with no luck
18th July 2014, 09:18 AM |#4  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 82
 
519 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomkai

Thanks for the links Kobro but unfortunately fusion music player was not what I was looking for, that tw port thread doesnt have music ported, and that other thread I tried myself, with no luck

Darn... How about poweramp? Tried that?
21st July 2014, 01:59 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

Darn... How about poweramp? Tried that?

Yeah tried that, great music player! ...Just not what I'm looking for in terms of the widget unfortunately...
21st July 2014, 07:57 PM |#6  
Kobro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Moshav Matityahu
Thanks Meter: 82
 
519 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomkai

Yeah tried that, great music player! ...Just not what I'm looking for in terms of the widget unfortunately...

they have a widget pack try see if there are aany widgets you like there.
30th July 2014, 10:22 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro

they have a widget pack try see if there are aany widgets you like there.

Unfortunately no widgets that have ability to scroll thru every song in a playlist,album, folder like in the Stock Samsung one..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes