[Q] newbie need help please......

OP sobri46

15th August 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

37 posts
I have a samsung note 3 sprint smn900p
I want to translate the system apks like framework-res.apk and secsettings.apk
then I found one of my friend has a same mobile note 3 sprint already translated and same android version 4.4.2
so I copy all of his files completely ( all system files and system apks ) around 2 GB .
and I make a backup of my system using TWRP recovery .
and now I try to install his framework-res.apk , so I copy it to my sdcard and using rootexplore then change the permissions to R-W-R-R and paste the framework-res.apk file to the system/framework folder and it already replaced the old framework-res.apk with the new framework-res.apk which already translated . but the problem I dont see that the mobile make upgrading for the new apk so I go to the new framework and try to install it from rootexplorer but always get a message app not installed.
I change the mount to RO then RW but nothing change only app not installed.

so how to install the new framework-res.apk ?
my second question, can I make a new rom using my friends complete system files and flash it to my mobile ?

thank you
15th August 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 125

348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobri46

I have a samsung note 3 sprint smn900p
I want to translate the system apks like framework-res.apk and secsettings.apk
then I found one of my friend has a same mobile note 3 sprint already translated and same android version 4.4.2
so I copy all of his files completely ( all system files and system apks ) around 2 GB .
and I make a backup of my system using TWRP recovery .
and now I try to install his framework-res.apk , so I copy it to my sdcard and using rootexplore then change the permissions to R-W-R-R and paste the framework-res.apk file to the system/framework folder and it already replaced the old framework-res.apk with the new framework-res.apk which already translated . but the problem I dont see that the mobile make upgrading for the new apk so I go to the new framework and try to install it from rootexplorer but always get a message app not installed.
I change the mount to RO then RW but nothing change only app not installed.

so how to install the new framework-res.apk ?
my second question, can I make a new rom using my friends complete system files and flash it to my mobile ?

thank you

Make a backup of your friends phone from its recovery. Restore from yours, wipe data, factory reset and reboot (this way you will lost all your data)

You can also try an advance restore from his backup, restoring only system apps. It may work
Before anything make your own backup.

Good luck!
16th August 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatApo

Make a backup of your friends phone from its recovery. Restore from yours, wipe data, factory reset and reboot (this way you will lost all your data)

You can also try an advance restore from his backup, restoring only system apps. It may work
Before anything make your own backup.

Good luck!

Hi, have you try using another mobile backup and restore it from recovery to the other mobile ?
I dont think it will work because each device has different Imei number and different information
16th August 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #4  

348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi, have you try using another mobile backup and restore it from recovery to the other mobile ?
I dont think it will work because each device has different Imei number and different information

Can't say that i have done this exactly...

May a backup of your phone, and restore your friend's system. It may work without losing your data.
16th August 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:

Can't say that i have done this exactly...

May a backup of your phone, and restore your friend's system. It may work without losing your data.

what do you mean by loosing data ? if you mean that I will just loose only media files like video or songs or contacts name .

It doesn't matter for me , to loose these files , the most important thing that I want to make sure when I make a restore from my friend backup , I will not brick my mobile and there will not be any problems in my mobile system after restore the backup .

I need someone that has try this method and confirm to us that this method is SAFE.
and tell us what should I choose in the TWRP recovery when I make a backup because there are many options that we can choose like system - modem - efs etc.
16th August 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #6  

348 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

what do you mean by loosing data ? if you mean that I will just loose only media files like video or songs or contacts name .

It doesn't matter for me , to loose these files , the most important thing that I want to make sure when I make a restore from my friend backup , I will not brick my mobile and there will not be any problems in my mobile system after restore the backup .

I need someone that has try this method and confirm to us that this method is SAFE.
and tell us what should I choose in the TWRP recovery when I make a backup because there are many options that we can choose like system - modem - efs etc.

Yes you may soft brick your phone. You may stuck in a bootloop. That is why you will have your backup. You open your phone into recovery and restore...
I am a CWM user so i can't tell you exactly what options to use.
When you flash a new rom on your phone you will lose all your data in the phone (contacts and app data) not the files in your SD card.
If you restore your friends backup with the his data (not only the system) your phone should be with his data.

Nobody will "put his hand in the fire" for you. I can't tell you that it will succeed 100%. That is why i tell you to make a backup.
For more info, you should better open a topic in your phone's section

P.S.: Soft brick is not a big deal if you know how to deal with it
16th August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:

Yes you may soft brick your phone. You may stuck in a bootloop. That is why you will have your backup. You open your phone into recovery and restore...
I am a CWM user so i can't tell you exactly what options to use.
When you flash a new rom on your phone you will lose all your data in the phone (contacts and app data) not the files in your SD card.
If you restore your friends backup with the his data (not only the system) your phone should be with his data.

Nobody will "put his hand in the fire" for you. I can't tell you that it will succeed 100%. That is why i tell you to make a backup.
For more info, you should better open a topic in your phone's section

P.S.: Soft brick is not a big deal if you know how to deal with it

so you mean the method will not 100 % success working. that is what you mean. I hope some one that had try this method will give us his experience or I should just make a try and see what will happen.
and I already make a backup for my mobile.
if softbrick happen , if I restore my mobile backup everything will go back normal right ???

by the way my friend mobile still fresh without any data because he just install the custom rom so he will let me to make a full backup from his mobile.

and thank you for your kindness to try to help me with this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank