Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] Would this be a nice upgrade to my nexus 7 (2012) tablet?

OP Bryon15

28th August 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

65 posts
http://tinyurl.com/o5xj7wj

I've had my nexus 7 since launch in 2012. At first it was great and I loved it. But now it's giving me problems. It takes way too long to charge up (9 hours). I even bought that easyaac 5V fast charger from amazon thinking it would help. It didn't. Plus it barely lasts for 4 hours before dying. So about that new asus memo pad. It seems to be like the nexus 7 with the addition of a rear camera, SD card slot (thank god), and more powerful processor (Intel). And for $100 less than what I paid for my current tab. Is this a good buy? Can it do everything the nexus 7 can? Like be rooted, able to able to side load apps that aren't on the play store, etc?
28th August 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,811

8,467 posts
More
There are 3 threads already established that are devoted to discussions about devices, please read, and if necessary, repost your question in one of these threads: The what should I buy thread or the The Device Suggestion Thread or the The Device Comparison Thread.

There are also several other discussion threads that you probably should review to help you. They are What phone do you wish you had? or
The Worst Android Device That You've Ever Had & Why
or even this place that talks about The best phone you ever owned.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread