Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [HELP] Internal Storage Full - Tried averything, accomplished nothing

OP SIMPLEFBB

21st April 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Hey guys

Since recently, at my Lenovo S820, the Internal Storage Full error is appearing and it seems that I can't do anything to fix it. My internal storage is 2,14 GB (my USB Storage is 1,6 GB and my external sd is 32 GB). I have also noticed that if the internal space is less than 50 MB, some of the phone's processes aren't behaving as they're supposed to, and I can't download anything from the Playstore.

So far I have tried:

- Moving nearly all apps to sd (even facebook and youtube)
- Deleting the \data\tombstones folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the \data\log_other_temp folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the Media Storage data aprox. every 12 hours
- Deleting cache
- Deleting many unwanted files as mentioned in SD Maid app
- Deleting unwanted apps in \system\app

I've done all the above and keep doing them non-stop and I barely make it with 51 mb of internal space (media storage deleted). I just can't seem to find out how the internal space gets full. The other day I moved the keyboard app I use to sd which took 80 mb of space, so I thought the problem was solved, but a few days after the internal storage was FULL again.

Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Theo
21st April 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591
 
1,855 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLEFBB

Hey guys

Since recently, at my Lenovo S820, the Internal Storage Full error is appearing and it seems that I can't do anything to fix it. My internal storage is 2,14 GB (my USB Storage is 1,6 GB and my external sd is 32 GB). I have also noticed that if the internal space is less than 50 MB, some of the phone's processes aren't behaving as they're supposed to, and I can't download anything from the Playstore.

So far I have tried:

- Moving nearly all apps to sd (even facebook and youtube)
- Deleting the \data\tombstones folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the \data\log_other_temp folder's contents whenever they exist
- Deleting the Media Storage data aprox. every 12 hours
- Deleting cache
- Deleting many unwanted files as mentioned in SD Maid app
- Deleting unwanted apps in \system\app

I've done all the above and keep doing them non-stop and I barely make it with 51 mb of internal space (media storage deleted). I just can't seem to find out how the internal space gets full. The other day I moved the keyboard app I use to sd which took 80 mb of space, so I thought the problem was solved, but a few days after the internal storage was FULL again.

Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Theo


Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard
21st April 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #3  
droidshan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLEFBB


Could you mention something I haven't done, or maybe if you know what is causing the problem? Could you maybe suggest some unwanted folders or files lying in internal storage that I can get rid of?

Thanks a lot for your time,
Theo

you might have moved apps to ur external memory but the data might be still in the internal memory. like : whatsapp hav its folder in the internal memory whatsapp folder.did you searched for that? you can also try cleanmaster to get an overview of memory consumed by apps.
22nd April 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidshan

you might have moved apps to ur external memory but the data might be still in the internal memory. like : whatsapp hav its folder in the internal memory whatsapp folder.did you searched for that? you can also try cleanmaster to get an overview of memory consumed by apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard

Thanks a lot guys! I used Clean Master and I was able to see what was eating up memory! Now I'm gonna try clearing dalvik --> Is it sure that if I clear dalvik no apps will be harmed in any way?

Thanks a lot again!
22nd April 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #5  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Lübeck
Thanks Meter: 591
 
1,855 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLEFBB

Thanks a lot guys! I used Clean Master and I was able to see what was eating up memory! Now I'm gonna try clearing dalvik --> Is it sure that if I clear dalvik no apps will be harmed in any way?

Thanks a lot again!


Apps won't be harmed by cleaning the dalvik cache.
23rd April 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #6  
Swagthoo's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
filled internal storage
if the device doesnt have an sd card slo i reccomend just getting a usb otg cable and sticking a usb through the port.
6th July 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Unhappy What is the "dalvik" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD

Cache and dalvik cache are stored. Go into your custom recovery and clear cache + dalvik. You have to UNINSTALL USER APPS. Then you can install Link2SD, reinstall your apps and link the full apps to your sdcard

I have exactly the same problems. How should I proceed? First, I have to uninstall all my apps? and then clear the cache + install Clean Master. I don't understand what is "dalvik cache"? What should I do?
Many thanks in advance for your answer....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
full, internal, lenovo, space, storage
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes