Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,209 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One Whatsapp, two ROMs, one phone

Tip us?

macchinario
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] One Whatsapp, two ROMs, one phone

Hey there. I have two ROMs to boot in my Nexus 4: one is stock KitKat, my daily driver, the other is the MIUI v5 port for Nexus 4 (4.8.10)

The problem is that I have Whatsapp installed and activated in my KitKat, and activating it in MIUI would disable the app in KK. Is there a way to keep both activated, since both will live in the same phone under the same number? I search the forum and Google and found nothing about this, just how to activate two WA accounts in the same ROM.

Bink Feed
Old
Thanks Meter 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchinario View Post
Hey there. I have two ROMs to boot in my Nexus 4: one is stock KitKat, my daily driver, the other is the MIUI v5 port for Nexus 4 (4.8.10)

The problem is that I have Whatsapp installed and activated in my KitKat, and activating it in MIUI would disable the app in KK. Is there a way to keep both activated, since both will live in the same phone under the same number? I search the forum and Google and found nothing about this, just how to activate two WA accounts in the same ROM.
Yes you can, just go to titanium backup and backup app + data of the working whatsapp and restore app +data on other rom
>---> Senior Support Member <---<
I provide support for you in the following threads:
For help with choosing a new phone or tablet or getting advice, "What's your next smartphone / What should I buy", "Consolidated Device Comparison/ Q&A/ Discussion Thread!!" and "Not sure what device to buy? Ask here! .

When you enter a thread mentioned above and you want my help, than you should quote or mention me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

macchinario
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed View Post
Yes you can, just go to titanium backup and backup app + data of the working whatsapp and restore app +data on other rom
Oh dear, this worked beautifully not only for Whatsapp but for Google Auth and others that are annoying to set up. Thanks!

Bink Feed
Old
Thanks Meter 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchinario View Post
Oh dear, this worked beautifully not only for Whatsapp but for Google Auth and others that are annoying to set up. Thanks!
I'm glad to hear that my friend, just reply if you need any other help
>---> Senior Support Member <---<
I provide support for you in the following threads:
For help with choosing a new phone or tablet or getting advice, "What's your next smartphone / What should I buy", "Consolidated Device Comparison/ Q&A/ Discussion Thread!!" and "Not sure what device to buy? Ask here! .

When you enter a thread mentioned above and you want my help, than you should quote or mention me