[Q] One Whatsapp, two ROMs, one phone

OP macchinario

22nd August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
Hey there. I have two ROMs to boot in my Nexus 4: one is stock KitKat, my daily driver, the other is the MIUI v5 port for Nexus 4 (4.8.10)

The problem is that I have Whatsapp installed and activated in my KitKat, and activating it in MIUI would disable the app in KK. Is there a way to keep both activated, since both will live in the same phone under the same number? I search the forum and Google and found nothing about this, just how to activate two WA accounts in the same ROM.
22nd August 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 574

4,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchinario

Hey there. I have two ROMs to boot in my Nexus 4: one is stock KitKat, my daily driver, the other is the MIUI v5 port for Nexus 4 (4.8.10)

The problem is that I have Whatsapp installed and activated in my KitKat, and activating it in MIUI would disable the app in KK. Is there a way to keep both activated, since both will live in the same phone under the same number? I search the forum and Google and found nothing about this, just how to activate two WA accounts in the same ROM.

Yes you can, just go to titanium backup and backup app + data of the working whatsapp and restore app +data on other rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
Talking Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed

Yes you can, just go to titanium backup and backup app + data of the working whatsapp and restore app +data on other rom

Oh dear, this worked beautifully not only for Whatsapp but for Google Auth and others that are annoying to set up. Thanks!
25th August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 574

4,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macchinario

Oh dear, this worked beautifully not only for Whatsapp but for Google Auth and others that are annoying to set up. Thanks!

I'm glad to hear that my friend, just reply if you need any other help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread