[Q] [Too many pattern tries] How can I switch on wi-fi?

OP XtrGamer

6th August 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Like many others, I have become a victim of 'Too many pattern tries' and have got stuck at the lock screen trying to sign in without data connection or wi-fi. Is there any way to get past this without data rewipe. It's really stupid of Google to have a security mechanism that forces you to wipe your data, meaning anyone can just pick up your phone and spam the pattern till it goes to the email screen (which is what happened in my case).

I have a rooted phone with an unlocked bootloader and USB debugging enabled and I also have downloaded Eclipse Android SDK but have no idea how to use it. It would be nice if someone gave me step-wise instructions on switching on my wi-fi through the SDK so that I can connect over the internet and log in.

Of course, any other legit method is also fine, but the 'home button method' doesn't work for my phone (you know, keep pressing the home button). I have tried getting APKs that will help me bypass the lock screen but they dont work.
7th August 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag islamabad
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrGamer

Like many others, I have become a victim of 'Too many pattern tries' and have got stuck at the lock screen trying to sign in without data connection or wi-fi. Is there any way to get past this without data rewipe. It's really stupid of Google to have a security mechanism that forces you to wipe your data, meaning anyone can just pick up your phone and spam the pattern till it goes to the email screen (which is what happened in my case).

I have a rooted phone with an unlocked bootloader and USB debugging enabled and I also have downloaded Eclipse Android SDK but have no idea how to use it. It would be nice if someone gave me step-wise instructions on switching on my wi-fi through the SDK so that I can connect over the internet and log in.

Of course, any other legit method is also fine, but the 'home button method' doesn't work for my phone (you know, keep pressing the home button). I have tried getting APKs that will help me bypass the lock screen but they dont work.

open playstore in your pc browser login to gmail you and on the right corner see "device manager" select your device and change the code put new password which is easy to remember .. should be all done
7th August 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrukhQadri

open playstore in your pc browser login to gmail you and on the right corner see "device manager" select your device and change the code put new password which is easy to remember .. should be all done

Android Device Manager is not able to pinpoint the location of my phone. Do I need wi-fi for this? The only options I see right now for my phone are to change the name, give it a ring or lock or erase.
7th August 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
I have finally found a way. No root or USB debugging required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coXtbKEzYg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XtrGamer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag islamabad
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
good
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrGamer

I have finally found a way. No root or USB debugging required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-coXtbKEzYg

thanks for sharing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread