Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [CHALLENGE] Cracked Screen Access

Tip us?

areidmeade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up [Q] [CHALLENGE] Cracked Screen Access

First things first This Forum has a LOT of different places to post so if this is in the wrong place please dont yell at me, just kindly assist me in moving it to the appropriate location. I think once we get this solved it might be a huge step for the Android community.

OK So long story short G2's digitizer is dead, glass shattered, i can still see the screen and i'm getting a USB OTG cable tomorrow, that will make all of this completely null and void(maybe wednesday). (ALSO Caps is being used for things i think are important, i'm going to be posting this in a few places so i need it to be universal, i hope you all understand)

BUT i still want to try my damndest to get into this phone and backup files, JUST BECAUSE I BELIEVE I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO.(or at the very least "able")

So for those as adventurous as i am, I'd like to hear any suggestions on how to get access to the device (MOUNT STORAGE) in its current state. Details below:

-Sprint ls980
-Digitizer is shattered
-lcd is completely fine
-all buttons work (theres only three lol)
-i have sound and vibration
-wireless storage is off(turned it off right before it fell from my hands to the douchebag floor below)
-USB DEBUGGING(although i distinctly remember enabling it many times) Is NOT ON. (Or at least adb will not recognize the device.)
-adb WILL recognize the device in SIDELOAD MODE
-no custom recovery
-no custom roms
-literally purely stock
-And of course USB Connection is set to CHARGE ONLY(i didnt do this, but apparently it remembers your LAST choice and uses that as default, stupid lg, why let me chose the option to "ask every time", if you're going to default to my last choice anyway?)

Now i really just want to access my pictures(there's a pic of my mom that i took and she REALLY wants it and bugs me daily about it)(You can blame the G2's amazing camera)

Now here's what i HAVE TRIED:
-ADB
-moborobo sp? (some program)(and a few others like it)
-android control
-fastboot
-download mode
-tried making my own OTG cable....failed miserably (i'd upload a pic...but yea...)
-adb via wifi
-tried flashing a custom recovery, but USB debugging wasnt enabled so it failed
-_-
-had the idea of using chrome Remote desktop, but i cant connect to it in its current state lol
-thought about bluetooth, but my lame laptop doesnt have bluetooth (i'd be willing to explore this option tho, sounds fun)
-nothing "illegal"......yet.....totally kidding, i want to be able to do this as legally as possible

So brothers and sisters, does anyone have any options they'd like to try out?
If we try anything CRAZY is there a way to force the phone to make a backup?
Is there a way to disassemble the phone and connect it straight to the onboard storage?
i'm just throwing ideas out there.

Thanks in advance!!

areidmeade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
and yes i'm a new poster, but i've been lurking on these forums since 2010

And i'll add this, because i know someone is thinking it right now, "Why didnt you root your g2?" Simple answer is this:

I wanted to experience Android in its most Basic state, Getting people to move from any other platform to Android is not easy, When you show them your modded out custom g2 it scares them, but the second they see my phone completely stock and realize how great Android is they start regretting their iPhone purchase or even heir midrange Android purchase. My G@ and Nexus 7 in their "Vanila" state have Wowed many people and converted longtime iphone users. Solving this problem would only aid in that effort.

Thanks again guys.

areidmeade
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is there a way to move this to the Developers forum? i'm sure they've got some ideas