Question

There is permanent danger in trying to install mod? (and other newb questions)

4th September 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi,
I have a Samsung S III mini, and want to install cyanogen but I don't want to loose my phone. I want to know: if something happens and the installation goes wrong someway, is it still possible to restore the device to the fabric configuration? I searched, but couldn't find any good thing related to restoring after installing cyanogen. Does anyone know a good COMPLETE guide (everything I have found was small too much resumed and/or scattered guides for someone that have never done this thing before) with all things that I should do/install to have be have less chance to loose my phone?
Other small questions:
- An micro SD isn't needed to installation, right? And I won't loos anything in my SD, right?
- Something I have never found anything about: is it possible to save the APPs and APPs configurations (mainly games saves) in the SD to use after the installation of cyanogen?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this thing have already been answered, but I couldn't find.
4th September 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KireRex

Hi,
I have a Samsung S III mini, and want to install cyanogen but I don't want to loose my phone. I want to know: if something happens and the installation goes wrong someway, is it still possible to restore the device to the fabric configuration? I searched, but couldn't find any good thing related to restoring after installing cyanogen. Does anyone know a good COMPLETE guide (everything I have found was small too much resumed and/or scattered guides for someone that have never done this thing before) with all things that I should do/install to have be have less chance to loose my phone?
Other small questions:
- An micro SD isn't needed to installation, right? And I won't loos anything in my SD, right?
- Something I have never found anything about: is it possible to save the APPs and APPs configurations (mainly games saves) in the SD to use after the installation of cyanogen?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this thing have already been answered, but I couldn't find.

I do not own your phone, but I found a guide saying how to get stock back on: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2429169.

I skimmed it through and it looked like it could help.

If you have the money, I would recommend a nexus device (preferably the Nexus 5), you can mod them all you want if something breaks they have factory images which are very easy to install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread